Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Terri Harper vs. Cecilia Braekhus Ends in Ten Round Majority Draw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Terri Harper vs. Cecilia Braekhus Ends in Ten Round Majority Draw

Terri Harper and Ceclia Braekhus were supposed to meet back in May. The fight fell through on the morning of the fight after Baekhus woke up with flu like symptoms but they finally got in the ring tonight in Sheffield. Harper's WBA super welterweight title and the vacant WBO belt were on the line.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 10-07-2023, 04:24 PM.

Sad that they have to rob a 42 year old legend who is at least 7 years past her prime, fighting on the road.

Comment

It’s criminal that Celicia doesn’t fight in a thong. What a specimen of woman she is

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
        Sad that they have to rob a 42 year old legend who is at least 7 years past her prime, fighting on the road.
        Oh you're back with this weirdo nonsense. Harper won the fight 7/3 and was the one who was actually ripped off. Cecilia didn't do anything. She was out-boxed and out-landed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post

Oh you're back with this weirdo nonsense. Harper won the fight 7/3 and was the one who was actually ripped off. Cecilia didn't do anything. She was out-boxed and out-landed.
          i don't think harper won either. i scored it a draw. braekhus was busier, did the better work to the body, and landed the heavier shots. people that scored the fight on boxrec seem to lean towards draw/braekhus.

Punch Stats
          harper vs braekhus
          Total landed 77 82
          Total thrown 233 307
          Percent 33% 27%
          Jabs landed 24 23
          Jabs thrown 90 154
          Percent 27% 15%
          Power landed 53 59
          Power thrown 143 153
          Percent 37% 39%
          -- Courtesy of CompuBox

punch stat source: https://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/story/...erweight-title

Comment

Harper took the cleaner shots and was more affected by them throughout the fight. 6-4 Braekhus. Next time watch with the homer-ass commentary off.
            gauze gauze likes this.

Comment

I thought Braekhus won.

Comment

Another British decision.

If you get a draw against the champion in their country it’s almost guaranteed that you really won the fight.

Comment

I tuned in to watch Wood v Warrington and almost never saw the fight because I was falling asleep watching the ladies joke of a fight, if you can call that garbage a fight.

Cecelia looked like an old lady, slow, tired, and heavy. Harper, who can’t crack jello didn’t do sheet but sheet was enough to win. Maybe this was payback for Harper because I thought she lost her last fight but got home cooking. Terrible fight. Both deserve a loss. Old lady Cecelia does nothing and gets a draw and she really thinks she won what a joke. On a scale of 1-10, I give Harper a 2 and Cecilia a 1. That’s how bad this was.

McCaskill got beat convincingly by Ryan and also got a draw. Something’s my smells.

Thankfully, Wood came from nowhere to take out Warrington who was easily winning the fight until he forgot that defense is important and got caught. Great fight after I was falling asleep watching the ladies terrible joke in what they call a fight. Congrats to Wood and Warrington for making watching worth while.

Comment

Originally posted by gauze View Post

i don't think harper won either. i scored it a draw. braekhus was busier, did the better work to the body, and landed the heavier shots. people that scored the fight on boxrec seem to lean towards draw/braekhus.

Punch Stats
                    harper vs braekhus
                    Total landed 77 82
                    Total thrown 233 307
                    Percent 33% 27%
                    Jabs landed 24 23
                    Jabs thrown 90 154
                    Percent 27% 15%
                    Power landed 53 59
                    Power thrown 143 153
                    Percent 37% 39%
                    -- Courtesy of CompuBox

punch stat source: https://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/story/...erweight-title
                    Harper was 4 times busier than Braekhus. Which rounds do you give to her?

Comment

Working...
                    X