Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Gilberto Ramirez, Joe Smith - Ready For Battle in Las Vegas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Gilberto Ramirez, Joe Smith - Ready For Battle in Las Vegas

Ramirez, Smith Weights Photos Gallery - Gilberto "Zurdo'' Ramirez (44-1, 30 KOs) of Mazatlan, Mexico and Joe "Common Man" Smith Jr. (28-4, 22 KOs) of Long Island, New York went face to face at the official weigh-in ahead of their WBA cruiserweight eliminator match. (photos by Cris Esquida)
    [Click Here To Read More]

This match up kinda messes with my mind—- I’m a silly old dude

I usually go with Anerican boxers of any skin tone— yet I’m a Chicano—- I want the best man to win—- as I said I ain’t working with much

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
      This match up kinda messes with my mind—- I’m a silly old dude

I usually go with Anerican boxers of any skin tone— yet I’m a Chicano—- I want the best man to win—- as I said I ain’t working with much
      I'm taking Ramirez by KO.
      Zaroku Zaroku likes this.

Comment

Zurdo moving up in weight to avoid Beterbiev and fighting a Beterbiev left over is kind of ironic ...

Comment

Originally posted by Superbee View Post
          Zurdo moving up in weight to avoid Beterbiev and fighting a Beterbiev left over is kind of ironic ...
          How is Zurdo avoiding Beterbiev? Was he ever in the running to get a shot against Beterbiev? Smith is also a Bivol leftover. He lost to Bivol before he ever fought Beterbiev, so you might as well argue that Beterbiev was ducking Bivol and fighting a Bivol leftover.
          blackbakers blackbakers likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post

How is Zurdo avoiding Beterbiev? Was he ever in the running to get a shot against Beterbiev? Smith is also a Bivol leftover. He lost to Bivol before he ever fought Beterbiev, so you might as well argue that Beterbiev was ducking Bivol and fighting a Bivol leftover.
            Are you really comparing the way Bivol handled Smith Jr with the way Beterbiev completely annihilated him ?

Comment

Originally posted by Superbee View Post

Are you really comparing the way Bivol handled Smith Jr with the way Beterbiev completely annihilated him ?
              Bivol isn't a KO artist. 119-109 not good enough domination for you? Just pointing out how stupid the argument is that Zurdo is somehow ducking a guy he never had a fight lined up with. He is up in weight after missing weight for Gabe Rosado, not Beterbiev.

Let's look at Beterbiev's recent fights too, eh?

We've got Joe Smith Jr, coming off a wide loss to Bivol.
              Then Yarde, who lost to Kovalev, who then lost to Canelo, who then lost to Bivol.
              Now he's fighting Canelo victim Callum Smith.

Three fights in a row that are functionally Bivol leftovers, while using the Russians aren't allowed to fight but I'm a Canadian excuse to avoid Bivol.
              ​​​​​​

Comment

It will be brutal in any language

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post

Just pointing out how stupid the argument is that Zurdo is somehow ducking a guy he never had a fight lined up with. He is up in weight after missing weight for Gabe Rosado, not Beterbiev.

A couple months back I'm pretty sure he wanted a Bivol rematch (LOL) or a Beterbiev fight ... I could be wrong though ...

Comment

Bivol put on a masterclass vs Ramirez ... and made it look easy, when it really wasn't. Ramirez was trying to figure it out, and Bivol could see that he was large and dangerous. But Bivol was just too skilled on offense and defense.

This will be a much better scrap. Very hard to predict what;s going to happen here. Either of these guys could win. Love it.

Comment

Working...
                    X