Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gilberto Ramirez, Joe Smith Both Come In At Career-Highs For 12-Round Cruiserweight Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gilberto Ramirez, Joe Smith Both Come In At Career-Highs For 12-Round Cruiserweight Fight

This Friday was far different from the last time Gilberto Ramirez was supposed to weigh in. Six-and-a-half months after he was so overweight that his fight against Gabe Rosado was canceled, Ramirez met his contractual obligation for his bout with Joe Smith Jr. on Saturday night in Las Vegas. Ramirez, a former WBO super middleweight champion, came in at a career-high 191.6 pounds for their 12-round cruiserweight fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Ramirez probly tried his hardest to hit 168, but ended up hitting 191.6 which worked out, lazy second coming of JCC jr smh

Comment

So a catch weight of 192? I wonder what their walking around weights are

Comment

They were both mediocre at their best weighs & they aren't going to be better fighting at their 'walking around' weight. Smith comes over as a decent guy who took his talent as far as he could. I definitely can't be that kind about Zurdo. I think Ramirez probably wins but I sincerely hope Smith KTFO & ends this circus. The way team Zurdo have treated honest fighters over the years is despicable.
        Slowhand Slowhand MulaKO MulaKO like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevsfine View Post
          Ramirez probly tried his hardest to hit 168, but ended up hitting 191.6 which worked out, lazy second coming of JCC jr smh
          I have little doubt that Ramirez was trying to make a lower weight, by all indications he'll be massive on fight night. Ramirez can box a little and there's nothing fancy about Joe, he can take a shot and he has heavy hands but he's easy to counter and he won't be the biggest guy in the ring. IMO,Ramirez will catch Joe with a counter hook and put him down.

Comment

You lose ONE fight to the elite level opponent at your weight & that makes you mediocre LOL.. boxing “fans” something else

Comment

Originally posted by GBP4LIFE View Post
              You lose ONE fight to the elite level opponent at your weight & that makes you mediocre LOL.. boxing “fans” something else
              Seriously. World champion with 5 defenses on the one hand, world champion with one defense and a victory over two world champions, one of whom is a HOFer, Bivol accounting for two of the 4 losses between them, Beterbiev for a third, and they're mediocre.

One wonders what that poster has accomplished in her life to call them mediocre...
              ​​​​​
              Brettcappe Alan Smithee likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post

Seriously. World champion with 5 defenses on the one hand, world champion with one defense and a victory over two world champions, one of whom is a HOFer, Bivol accounting for two of the 4 losses between them, Beterbiev for a third, and they're mediocre.

One wonders what that poster has accomplished in her life to call them mediocre...
                ​​​​​
                This forum obviously has casual as well as serious fans. Mediocre ex champs?

Comment

Hoping Smith ktfo Zurdo
                  Still surprised that Zurdo is coming in that light

Comment

OK, I'll bite. Losing to Bivol was far more than Ramirez deserved. He could've been dusted by Yarde or Johnson or, TBBH, anyone with rudimentary skills at 175. Stardust doesn't reflect like that. We don't look at every one of SRR's 250 victims & say, OMG, they deserve respect because SRR beat them. Many of them lost to guys that lost to guys that lost to Fritzie Zivic. Losing to an ATG, of itself, doesn't mean anything, although it must be a great thing to tell your grandchildren.
                    Slowhand Slowhand likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X