Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Otto Wallin Felt Win Over Gassiev Was Clear, Sees No Reason For Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Otto Wallin Felt Win Over Gassiev Was Clear, Sees No Reason For Rematch

Heavyweight Otto Wallin of Sweden upset the odds and scored a minor surprise by edging ex-unified cruiserweight champion Murat Gassiev of Russia over twelve razor-close rounds with a split decision in a fight that could have gone either way.
    [Click Here To Read More]

'“We don’t agree with the decision, the judges made the wrong decision. It looks like a robbery. Murat won at least eight rounds,” Gassiev's team explained in a statement to TASS.'

Hahahahaha I can't with these ruski bullchitters. Gassiev did literally nothing all night. He just walked forward like a good boy taking all Wallin's punches to the face. 11-1 to Wallin, Gassiev should fight Logan Paul next.
    Vita Vita fifth_root fifth_root like this.

Comment

Wallin was a bad match up for Gassiev.
      But as exciting as I think Gassiev can be for the heavyweight division,
      he didn't show nowhere near enough.

Not only Wallin boxed and moved really well, he didn't have anything to hurt Gassiev with,
      and that should've been enough for Gassiev to be more aggressive and throw more than he did...
      Vita Vita likes this.

Comment

First of all, this was a B-level fight. If those guys intend to shoot for the heavyweight top 10, they will have to work a lot harder.

Gassiev was eating jabs from the first to the last round. He had some moments in some rounds, but way insufficient to win. The judge who scored 117:111 in his favour is a total id*ot. Even the two others scoring it that close are some poor decision, but at least it's the right one - Wallin won.​
        Vita Vita likes this.

Comment

It was a clear win, and even if it wasnt **** a rematch because it was a terrible fight where neither guy looked good.
          Vita Vita factsarenice factsarenice like this.

Comment

No need for a rematch, I want Otto in other fights.
            Willow The Wisp Willow The Wisp likes this.

Comment

Wallin won with superior technique. Get over it and get on with it. Less talk, back in the ring in 6-8 weeks. That's how winners act.
              Vita Vita likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
                No need for a rematch, I want Otto in other fights.
                I agree with this.

Comment

Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post
                  It was a clear win, and even if it wasnt **** a rematch because it was a terrible fight where neither guy looked good.
                  That's the truth

Comment

Bet Zhang will take an interim fight waiting for Fury Usyk for big $ in China. Why not Wallin. Assuming if will be a second tier name

Comment

Working...
                    X