Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mario Barrios: I Want To Take it Further, Contend For The Main WBC Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mario Barrios: I Want To Take it Further, Contend For The Main WBC Title

T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas - In a battle of former world champions, San Antonio's Mario "El Azteca" Barrios (28-2, 18 KOs) scored two knockdowns and earned the Interim WBC Welterweight Title with an impressive unanimous decision (117-108, 118-107 twice) over Cuba's Yordenis Ugas (27-6, 12 KOs) in their pay-per-view undercard attraction.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Barrios/Crowley is the final eliminator then I assume?

Comment

Once sillyman gets the check he'll find a way to make Barrios champ and stank rematch will happen for a legit belt on the line

Welterweight is trash

Comment

Originally posted by Teetotaler69 View Post
        Once sillyman gets the check he'll find a way to make Barrios champ and stank rematch will happen for a legit belt on the line

Welterweight is trash
        Theyll feed him to Ennis.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas - In a battle of former world champions, San Antonio's Mario "El Azteca" Barrios (28-2, 18 KOs) scored two knockdowns and earned the Interim WBC Welterweight Title with an impressive unanimous decision (117-108, 118-107 twice) over Cuba's Yordenis Ugas (27-6, 12 KOs) in their pay-per-view undercard attraction.
          [Click Here To Read More]
          ———
          A lot of anus’s here repeatedly kept saying Boots needs to prove himself against a solid name like Ugas or Keef.
          It’s pretty clear how Boots vs Ugas would have played out. Fückin toxic haters

Comment

Not so fast, Mario. You beat a mediocre boxer at the end of his career who places his head right in front of you the entire fight. Even then, you couldn't knock him out. The minute you step up in competition all your warts will come out. Your timid boxing style, puny punching power and weak chin. So enjoy this momentary victory and don't expect much if you fight a real contender. My advice to you is to make as many money fights you can before getting bombed out by superior opponents. Maybe a tune-up on an ESPN or Showtime card. Again - - go for the money before it's too late.

Comment

Originally posted by Oregonian View Post
              ———
              A lot of anus’s here repeatedly kept saying Boots needs to prove himself against a solid name like Ugas or Keef.
              It’s pretty clear how Boots vs Ugas would have played out. Fückin toxic haters
              Boots would have ended a fight against Ugas somewhere in between "Oh say," and "Can you see." That pinata style of Ugas would be tailor made for Ennis. Boots needs a signature fight - - he is more than worthy of getting that opportunity. I'm not sure if he's ready for Crawford (assuming Bud stays at 147) but a marquee fight would be welcomed.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockenator View Post
                Boots would have ended a fight against Ugas somewhere in between "Oh say," and "Can you see." That pinata style of Ugas would be tailor made for Ennis. Boots needs a signature fight - - he is more than worthy of getting that opportunity. I'm not sure if he's ready for Crawford (assuming Bud stays at 147) but a marquee fight would be welcomed.
                ———
                Hence the question - who is a “marquee” fighter at 147? Ugas and Keef are the names thrown around and we’ve seen what happened to Ugas. So who exactly should Boots fight before Crawford?

And who exactly did Kavaliauskas and Avanesyan beat to earn a shot at at Bud?

There is literally no one else for Bud to fight at 147 other than Boots.

Comment

———
                  Hence the question - who is a “marquee” fighter at 147? Ugas and Keef are the names thrown around and we’ve seen what happened to Ugas. So who exactly should Boots fight before Crawford?

How about Spence? Or Errol doesn't want to fight at 147 anymore? Ortiz Jr.? Stanionis? I looked at Boot's record and I don't recognize one boxer out of the entire lot. Not one. Crawford has fought Porter, Brook, Horn, Postol and Spence. OK - not apples to apples but certain name recognition. Crawford has a couple more fights in him and that's probably it. He'll be looking at the biggest money fights he can make. I'm not sure a Crawford-Ennis match would generate many PPV's. That's the reality. If Bud moves up to 154, that could possibly open up those titles but I don't know how these boxing associations work. Crawford-Charlo is probably the biggest fight Bud can make. It would be suicide to move up to 168 and try to fight Canelo. I don't think Alvarez would lose weight for a catch weight at 160. He looked pretty lean already against Charlo. And of course, the supposed rematch with Spence - - a fight few people want to see. If I were Crawford, I'd mandate the 147 weight. I think Spence would back out of that fight. Spence/Charlo? Two fighters on the rebound? I don't think Charlo wants anything to do with Tszyu. So a three belt fight with Crawford at 154 assuming the Spence hurdle is addressed?
                  Last edited by Rockenator; 10-02-2023, 05:38 PM.

Comment

———

He's not gonna fight at 147 again. The money is north of that weight at this point. Boots is the next guy in line to run that division and it's gonna be putrid as far as talent goes.
                    Oregonian Oregonian likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X