Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shawn Porter Unimpressed With Efe Ajagba: "I'm Over Him"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Shawn Porter Unimpressed With Efe Ajagba: "I'm Over Him"

Efe Ajagba looks the part. He stands tall at 6'6," and has shown the ability to turn out his opponent's lights within the blink of an eye. Outside of his power, Ajagba simply looks like a fighter. Not only does he often tower over his foes but his muscles protrude from practically every part of his body. With that said, looking the part is one thing, but performing in the ring is something else entirely.
    [Click Here To Read More]

In fairness, I think Porter's style of boxing is all over the place for someone who's a critic.

Ajagba showed considerable improvements in his last fight IMO. I liked his frequent jab to the body and his overall work rate. I also liked the fact that he kept on punching even while his opponent froze momentarily to complain to the ref. Prior to that fight, I had always felt he appeared too nice in the ring for my liking; he needed to show meanness.

The problem has always been in the match-making: absence of styles meant to make him look good, as well as the inclusion of too many movers.

Comment

Harsh… smh

Comment

Whatever the hypothetical truth about Ajagba, it shouldn't come from someone who has been outpointed and knocked down by not one, but two addicts (respectively, Kell Brook and Adrien Broner), and has lost almost every fight that counted for something.

Comment

Efe Ajagba vs. Jared Anderson! Make It Happen! MAN UP!

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
            Whatever the hypothetical truth about Ajagba, it shouldn't come from someone who has been outpointed and knocked down by not one, but two addicts (respectively, Kell Brook and Adrien Broner), and has lost almost every fight that counted for something.

If something is true , who it comes from doesn't matter.
            I'd like to hear why you think that the source of the truth matters.

Comment

Originally posted by pnut901 View Post

If something is true , who it comes from doesn't matter.
              I'd like to hear why you think that the source of the truth matters.
              Criticizing a colleague makes you less worthy of respect. Even if you're stating the truth, and even if you are hypothetically undefeated.

Porter has beaten Ugas and Garcia, alright. Then? Granados? A next-to-be-shot Broner? If I were him I would just shut up.

Comment

Hes good enough that, at 29, he may well get hold of a belt once we transition out of this Fury/Usyk/AJ/Wilder era in the next few years.

Comment

He is right

Comment

Its a weird thing because Porter calls fights but is talking on a separate podcast. I dont think someone that calls fights should be that harsh. Even if its true its still out of place when they will endlessly hype guys like Danny Garcia's 147 run, guys who havent had a good win in 10 years but then someone like this who maybe isnt title level but top 20 or top 30 **** on them for not being in the top 5.

Comment

Working...
                    X