Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Euro News: Badou Jack, Wallin vs. Gassiev, Prat vs. Spomer, Zeuge, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Euro News: Badou Jack, Wallin vs. Gassiev, Prat vs. Spomer, Zeuge, More

As first reported by Dan Rafael, Dubai-based cruiserweight Badou Jack (28-3-3) has now been named "champion in recess" by the WBC. This paves the way for a fight for the now vacant WBC cruiserweight title between Noel Mikaelian (26-2) and ex-champ Ilunga Makabu (28-3).
    [Click Here To Read More]

Looking forward to Wallin vs. Gassiev. Good contrast of styles with Wallin the boxer against Gassiev the puncher. I'm a little worried about how the judging may go as it's an away fight for Wallin. I think Wallin boxes well early, but I think Gassiev closes the show in the mid to late rounds.

Comment

Wallin better be ready, because Gassiev isn't going to be playing around with him.
      This is where Wallin might really regret not having fought anyone of any significance since his fight with fury.

Comment

Gassiev fought 4 times in 5 years

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet_Science_ View Post
          I'm a little worried about how the judging may go as it's an away fight for Wallin
          Away fight for Gassiev too

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet_Science_ View Post
            Looking forward to Wallin vs. Gassiev. Good contrast of styles with Wallin the boxer against Gassiev the puncher. I'm a little worried about how the judging may go as it's an away fight for Wallin. I think Wallin boxes well early, but I think Gassiev closes the show in the mid to late rounds.
            Agreed 100% about the nice contrast in styles. This how I see it too, Wallin outboxes Gassiev early but then starts to fade as the Russian gets going. If Wallin can survive he might be able to get the decision on points but I could also see a late stoppage for Gassiev.

​​​​​​Neither have been terribly active and Gassiev has dealt with some injuries. Will be interesting to see what versions of themselves show up come fight night.
            landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Working...
            X