Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dana White Intends to Counter-Program Boxing Cards in Las Vegas on Mexican Independence Day 'For the Rest of My Reign Here'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Dana White Intends to Counter-Program Boxing Cards in Las Vegas on Mexican Independence Day 'For the Rest of My Reign Here'

UFC head Dana White wants to make sure his company gains a firm foothold on one of the biggest annual Mexican celebrations. The UFC held a fight card last weekend at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas that was geared toward Mexican Independence Day--mariachi bands and all--and headlined by a women's flyweight title rematch between Mexican champion Alexa Grasso and Valentina Shevchenko. The undercard also featured a slew of fighters from Mexico.
    [Click Here To Read More]

*Yawn*

Comment

This competition hopefully leads to more reasonable PPV prices from all sides. The boxing powers only have themselves to blame for the explosion in pay-per-view piracy. Only true marquee super fights should cost $80 or more.

Comment

How successful was it? Like did the gate do really well, ppv numbers higher than normal?

At this point Munguia, bumavidez and zepeda better step up. Took long enough but ufc finally gonna take Mexican independence weekend and most like Cinco de mayo from boxing

Comment

Alvarez shouldve fought Mell on Deiz y seis. ****** to have it on the 30th imo
          Boxfan83 WarVeteranO01 likes this.

Comment

There are a lot of high level Mexican mma guys so yea they should. Some ppl are more mma fans than boxing or only mma fans. Some ppl just wanna see the best fight & sometimes thats in the cage for those types.

Comment

Of course!! Dana White pays his fighters a very humiliating check which means that in ONE single fight card, he can have great matches.
              On the other hand, Canelo wants over 30 million dollars per fight which means the rest of the fight card needs to be with boxers not well known, no so popular and those who get paid way less money to make it "worth it" for one single fighter.

Comment

The UFC don’t have many Mexican stars.

Comment

The big difference for me is I only watch UFC if it is a good ppv while I will watch any boxing on tv. Another problem with UFC is it seems like the same 15 to 20 fighters headline every event and it's getting boring.

Comment

Originally posted by Teetotaler69 View Post
                    How successful was it? Like did the gate do really well, ppv numbers higher than normal?

At this point Munguia, bumavidez and zepeda better step up. Took long enough but ufc finally gonna take Mexican independence weekend and most like Cinco de mayo from boxing
                    It wasn’t a PPV, but it was reported to be the most watched UFC fight night on ESPN+ with 1.1 million viewers on the English stream and supposedly the Spanish commentary stream did 3x the #s it normally does, but I haven’t seen those numbers & don’t know what they usually average on the Spanish stream.

Comment

Working...
                    X