Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ruben Villa Hopes Luis Alberto Lopez Wants To Avenge His Loss, Give Villa A Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ruben Villa Hopes Luis Alberto Lopez Wants To Avenge His Loss, Give Villa A Rematch

Ruben Villa is one of only two opponents who has beaten Luis Alberto Lopez in a professional fight. Lopez learned from that defeat and went on to win the IBF featherweight title. The Mexican champion defended that belt for the second time Friday night, when he defeated Joet Gonzalez unanimously in a 12-round main event ESPN aired from American Bank Center in Corpus Christi, Texas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Villa is a good fighter but that power deficit is notable.

Comment

I'd love to see this fight. Villa deserves another shot at a world title after that Navarrete performance.
      Santa_ Santa_ likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by DFM View Post
        I'd love to see this fight. Villa deserves another shot at a world title after that Navarrete performance.

Yes! To this day Villa is Navarrette's toughest out. He was making Nava look silly at times boxing circles around him. I think he takes Lopez's belt.
        DFM DFM likes this.

Comment

Villa beat Lopez pretty easily? I don't know if I saw their first fight.

Comment

Villa's boxing skills and footwork will neutralize Lopez' game plan and win the title.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
              2 scorecards had it 97-93 and 98-92.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

Yea it was a clear win for the 22 year old Villa. Lopez was 26 at the time but the pre-prime youngster Villa was fighting on another level.

Villa's an amazing talent. He went 2-2 with Shakur Stevenson in the amateurs and nearly beat Navarrette when they fought. I had 114-112 like two of the three judges.

Mammoth Mammoth likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post

Yea it was a clear win for the 22 year old Villa. Lopez was 26 at the time but the pre-prime youngster Villa was fighting on another level.

Villa's an amazing talent. He went 2-2 with Shakur Stevenson in the amateurs and nearly beat Navarrette when they fought. I had 114-112 like two of the three judges.

He also beat Haney in the amateurs apparently. He seems very skilled and I think he fair really well against the top level from 126.

But I thought Navarrete won quite handedly by starting and finishing strong with a two knockdown lead, while the middle rounds (5-10) were competitive with most leaning towards Vaquero. That was three years ago at least with Villa being 23 years old though, who knows how he fare if he racked more experience though I doubt he compete at 130.

Comment

Working...
                  X