Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gary Russell Jr. Has Love For Pitbull Cruz But Believes He'd Outclass Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gary Russell Jr. Has Love For Pitbull Cruz But Believes He'd Outclass Him

He doesn't fight often, but the current hiatus that Gary Russell Jr. is on far exceeds his meager ring appearances. The now 35-year-old was a proud WBC featherweight champion. If not for a freak injury to his right shoulder during his title defense against Mark Magsayo in 2021, he believes that his championship status would be unchanged.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Pitbull Cruz levels above Magasayo

Comment

Prob. too slick for Cruz.

Comment

Needed a good laugh... I didn't know this guy is still fighting...

Comment

The Groundhog is a very funny guy! I thought he was gearing up to face Bud Crawford.
          Last edited by BlackRobb; 09-16-2023, 11:36 AM.

Comment

At this point I blame the media. GRJ is done, stop asking this man any questions about possible opponents. That man ain’t fighting nobody he’s done done

Comment

I've questioned GRJ's passion for boxing, in the ring not outside of it, for a long time. He's getting older & injured now. Peak GRJ beats Pitbull np imho. Idk about GRJ now tho. Feels like a fight I could see go either way.

I dig the fight tho so if both want it lets fooking make it.

Comment

I used to be a fan of GRJ, but ever since his loss to Loma it’s like he gave up trying. He talks about how he would beat all the top fingers but he is one of the most inactive fighters of the last decade. Wasted talent.

Comment

Ellerbe and Tank's trainer need to clarify once and for all whether they're really making the Pitbull rematch next for Tank or not. Isaac Cruz's team is relying on the rematch and can't decide on any other fight.

Comment

In fairness, GRJ isn't the only one. It is a combination of there being a lot fewer fight nights than there used to be in the 80s plus all this B/S about 'staying in your lane', which, to me, is moronic. Back in the day, yo had fighters signed up to King or Arum fight each other all the time. In truth, inactivity is killing many of today's best young fighters. Fighters need to FIGHT! I would love to see a young hopeful doing what Mike Tyson did & fight every 2 weeks. Sadly, I doubt that is even possible anymore.

Comment

Working...
                    X