Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jamaine Ortiz: I Felt Like My Fight Againt Loma Was A lot Closer Than Haney's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jamaine Ortiz: I Felt Like My Fight Againt Loma Was A lot Closer Than Haney's

Top lightweight contender Jamaine "The Technician" Ortiz (16-1-1, 8 KOs) returns to the ring this Friday to face battle-tested veteran Antonio Moran (29-5-1, 20 KOs). The bout takes place at the American Bank Center and will be televised live on ESPN+.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Word. Until he ran out of gas he was mirroring Loma. I was shocked at how good AND big he was/is.

Comment

Originally posted by AmpMcv View Post
      Word. Until he ran out of gas he was mirroring Loma. I was shocked at how good AND big he was/is.
      Exactly. I was wondering how many times they sparred. He mustve been taking good notes, because he was making Loma moves and countering Loma's moves, better than I've seen.
      El_Mero El_Mero AmpMcv AmpMcv like this.

Comment

It certainly was close and EVERYONE noticed...you can tell by the deafening silence. Whenever Jamaine Ortiz's name comes up fighters either make believe they didn't see the fight or don't know who he is. Ortiz may only get fights with the other high risk fighters that everyone in the division is avoiding.
        Last edited by factsarenice; 09-14-2023, 09:37 AM.
        El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

Haney can't make 135 and soon the belts will be up for grabs and that's why nobody wants to fight. Other than Shakur, nobody in the division is going to fight Jamaine Ortiz or anyone near that dangerous. The sanctioning bodies need to step it up but we all know that's never going to happen.
          El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

100% agree. He's got a better argument for having won his fight than Haney does.

Comment

What made me laugh, and really exposed the boxing community, was the outrage over the 116-112 Haney/Loma score...but the lack of outrage over the 117-111 Loma/ Ortiz score..there was no calls of corruption or scoring reform after Loma got a flabbergastingly wide card over an american, in america. But the minute It didn't go in Lomas favor...."American scoring bias" "corruption"...even though it was Pro-Loma commentary, crowd and promotion. Literally top ranks golden goose..fighting on top rank with every feasible thing in his favor.

Comment

Working...
              X