Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mbilli Makes Statement In Knockout Win, Aims To Land Canelo Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mbilli Makes Statement In Knockout Win, Aims To Land Canelo Shot

By Corey Erdman - It's early in the morning on fight day, a time when most people taking part in a fight that night might be enjoying some extra rest, but Christian Mbilli is already in the lobby of his hotel in the Gatineau, Quebec countryside, water bottle in hand, wearing an earnest smile of excitement. It's unmistakable that Mbilli is an athlete when you see him in person--a
    [Click Here To Read More]

Brilliant writing Corey - by describing the details you paint a vivid verbal portrait

Comment

Mbilli dreaming in technicolors if he thinks he can get a shot at Canelo

Comment

If Munguia vs. Berlanga can't get done, then one of them should fight Mbilli, especially Berlanga, since Mbilli is Ranked higher than him!

Comment

Mbilli is in a tough spot...he's an excellent fighter and has all the tools to become a world champion. However, if he tries to fight Canelo/Benavidez in the pocket, he'll get taken out as both guys possess KO power and are far harder to tag compared to the other fighter's he's faced. They're also much better boxer's too so he won't be able to outbox them either. Therefore, his best hope is that they either vacate the belts and move up or he tries his hand at 160lbs which is a much weaker division and far easier for him to grab a belt.

Comment

Yes, yes, everyone wants a Canelo retirement check! I want one also.
            Last edited by BlackRobb; 09-11-2023, 05:59 AM.

Comment

I never heard of this guy but watched highlights of his last two fights. Both look to be in the same phone booth. That ring could be 16 feet but not a sliver over. Both of those fighters were tall and rangy who I am sure would make it more interesting in a 20 foot ring. A 20 foot ring is at least 1.5 times bigger than a 16 foot ring. Surely the promoter must have arranged that. From the center of the ring to the corner in two large steps.

As for Canelo I think he would slip a lot of those punches and make Mbilli pay. I just wonder what size ring that would be.

Comment

That was an impressive knockout by Mbilli, he just walked Nicholson down, and took him out, POW!

Comment

Mbilli punch selection was good and he showed speed with his combination punching. Very fluid with his delivery and somewhat has a responsible defense.

The issue is that Nicholson was too much on the ropes and made it easier for him. He needs more fights against better opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
                    Mbilli punch selection was good and he showed speed with his combination punching. Very fluid with his delivery and somewhat has a responsible defense.

The issue is that Nicholson was too much on the ropes and made it easier for him. He needs more fights against better opposition.
                    The ring was 16x16, it was basically impossible for him to be off the ropes
                    STREET CLEANER STREET CLEANER likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X