Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cusumano Faces Fine, Suspension And Purse Forfeiture From NYSAC Following Positive Drug Tests From Kownacki Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Cusumano Faces Fine, Suspension And Purse Forfeiture From NYSAC Following Positive Drug Tests From Kownacki Fight

The biggest win of Joe Cusumano's career will come at a hefty price. It will also no longer exist. BoxingScene.com has confirmed that the New York State Athletic Commission (NYSAC) has already begun the process to convert the heavyweight's June 24 eighth-round knockout win over Adam Kownacki to a No-Contest. Cusumano was credited with an eighth-round stoppage in their DAZN aired bout from Madison Square Garden's Hulu Theater in New York City.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Looks like the first step towards a post-fighting life full of trouble.

Comment

We now know Kow lost only to PED cheats. Comeback imminent.
      MikeyG MikeyG likes this.

Comment

he was battered by an old and bang average Steve Vukosa , its hardly surprising he had to cheat to beat Kownacki , who would still murder Vukosa in the ring

Comment

Well, that fight hopefully ended both guys' careers. Kownacki hopefully has enough sense to resist a comeback. Most fans admire his heart and courage, but Kownacki is one good punch away from a life in a wheelchair.
          MusoMeanderings MusoMeanderings likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOneAboveAll View Post
            Well, that fight hopefully ended both guys' careers. Kownacki hopefully has enough sense to resist a comeback. Most fans admire his heart and courage, but Kownacki is one good punch away from a life in a wheelchair.
            Kow might of been sloppy and fat, but he took his beatings like a man.

Comment

Originally posted by MusoMeanderings View Post

Kow might of been sloppy and fat, but he took his beatings like a man.
              He certainly did, but the way he wobbled and lurched after giving and taking shots in that fight was unnerving. He is a tragedy waiting to happen if he's allowed to fight again.

Comment

so multiple substances in this case, not good

much more difficult to plead innocence in that case i presume

but i guess isnt baumgardner trying just that
                MusoMeanderings MusoMeanderings likes this.

Comment

So what I'm hearing is that NYSAC didn't get around to testing pre-fight drug tests until two months after the fact?

Heads need to roll over there. I was under the impression NYSAC ran a right ship since the Abdusalmaov incident.

Comment

Taking PEDs in any sport is cheating, but taking PEDs in boxing, knowing that you are going to put an illegally enhanced beating on another human being is just the most, dirty, despicable form of cheating there is. Far worse than athletes or tennis players or whatever using PEDs. I honestly don't believe in capital punishment but I'd make an exception for those MoFos who step into the ring, knowing they're juiced, knowing they will cause damage to another man who is trying to abide by the rules of what is still a sport.

Comment

Working...
                    X