Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Liam Smith Trainer Says 'Threats' Forced Smith To Fight Eubank Earlier Than Desired

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Liam Smith Trainer Says 'Threats' Forced Smith To Fight Eubank Earlier Than Desired

Trainer Joe McNally contends Liam Smith was coerced into fighting Chris Eubank Jr. on a date that was clearly disadvantageous to his client. Last Saturday night in Manchester, England, Eubank stopped Smith in 10 dominant rounds in their middleweight rematch to turn back the result of their first meeting, in January, when Smith, in a huge upset, stopped Eubank in four rounds.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Really?

I got beat up by my wife earlier than expected

Eubanks got sweet revenge!
    Boxviewer Boxviewer likes this.

Comment

thanks for conning and devaluing the show for people by showing up with so many issues (excuses)

& then u planted that weapon on your opponents trainer, spiteful stuff really
      paulf paulf likes this.

Comment

What / ? What / ? what is the point to all of this stuff coming out after the fight it makes the whole crew look and sound stupid and unprofessional. Dont these guys listen to what they say when they say it ? No dummy alert in this crew of professional fighters and staff. Everybody got screwed and it is all somebodies else's fault. Candy ass weak silly childish and not very professional to say the least. Wha Wha Wha cry baby stick a pacifier in there mouths and shut these children up..............what people should feel sorry for you guys ? Suggestion Do better the next time use it as a motivator.............Man to think that people used to look up to the fighters and those that surround them .....not any more.

Comment

FK Smith! He is responsible for ultimate decisions.

Comment

Maybe Smith should've consulted somebody during his injury instead of being unprofessional and gaining 40 pounds and then trying to do something about it last minute.
            paulf paulf Butt stuff Butt stuff like this.

Comment

Threats like what? If Smith did not want to fight Eubank Junior 'His career opportunities were still pretty much at their best ever'.

Smith could of moved on from Eubank Junior, and made other big fights 'Smith was and is still ranked highly at 154 pounds'.

Smith is a solid fighter, but? I think his team, himself and masses of people were overrating his skill level after the first Eubank Junior win.

Neither Smith or Eubank Junior were level's apart skill for skill 'In fact Eubank Junior probably is a more all round fighter. It is just that Smith has a very specific style and he has to his credit developed this style greatly, Eubank Junior is crude yet game in many area's'.

I told people that win or lose, Smith's first win vs Eubank Junior 'May be as good as it gets'. Smith has never won easy at a good level, all of his fights are always a mighty struggle whenever he fights anyone at a good level. Smith vs Eubank Junior I, was the first time ever Smith has won a good level fight fairly easily 'The fight was a complete anomaly, it made no statistical sense when you check his resume'.

Smith whole team know this, that is why they celebrated the way they did 'But that is boxing, I am by no means devaluing the performance'.

Note: The aftermath of this second fight, again just builds more depth and layers to the rivalry between the two fighters. If Smith can achieve a few comeback wins, maybe the third fight with Eubank Junior can at some stage be made. But as of right now, Eubank Junior has bigger domestic and potentially World level fights to make.

Smith lost the fight, but on a positive 'The man showed courage, round after round while being beaten'. All of these comments and devaluing of Eubank Junior's performances on the sly is also taking away from Smith 'This is the first time, we have seen him and his team behave like this after a loss'.

Smith obviously is competitive and wanted to win, and I would rate this as his most personal boxing loss 'I think his team should understand this, and basically pipe down' etc.

Comment

You’ll notice when you’re putting on a few lbs, let alone 3 stone. Eat lean and stay trim if you know there’s a fight on the horizon. And not being able to do roadwork is a bad excuse for the weight imo.

Comment

Given Ben couldn't spare a few pounds for drug testing he was hardly likely to push the fight back for Smith. Smith should have known better and looked after himself.

Comment

So....this dude ate his way up to that weight and now, everyone around him is complaining about the issues that he had from cutting the weight that HE put on voluntarily

Just say you're unprofessional and be better next time bro, simple as that

Comment

Working...
                    X