Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bellew Fears That Joshua's 'Tentative' Tactics Will Backfire With Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bellew Fears That Joshua's 'Tentative' Tactics Will Backfire With Wilder

Former cruiserweight champion Tony Bellew is not convinced that Anthony Joshua is ready for the danger involved in a showdown with Deontay Wilder. Joshua has been in action twice in 2023. He returned to the ring in April and picked up a twelve round unanimous decision over Jermaine Franklin. Joshua was back again July, when he secured a dramatic knockout of veteran Robert Helenius.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Joshua has little chance either way..He goes in there firing ,Wilder takes him out double quick with his much faster and more powerful fists , if he choses to box he may last slightly longer.

Comment

Unless he can break him up with his jab.

I can imagine that is plan A,B and C for AJ. He's tentative I guess because he doesnt think he can hold a big shot.

Comment

A lot of stories here about a fight that’s basically Michael Dokes vs Bonecrusher Smith in 1992. 2 washed overrated former belt holders and nothing more

Comment

Originally posted by VislorTurlough View Post
          A lot of stories here about a fight that’s basically Michael Dokes vs Bonecrusher Smith in 1992. 2 washed overrated former belt holders and nothing more
          "2 washed overrated former belt holders and nothing more..."
          But
          You read all their Articles & post a comment everytime...
          And the thing is...
          You will still watch their Fight whenever it happens
          Lololololol

Comment

I’m a big wilder fan

I hope he drops and stops a weak minded Joshua

Comment

Don't worry Tony, it's not happening. Lots of love, Eddie.

Comment

I just hope he makes it home safe to his wife & kids.....
                naranja111 naranja111 likes this.

Comment

First, let the fight take place. I think the Saudis are having second thoughts on this fight...at least with the amount they are supposed to commit and without a Fury-Usyk on the card. It probably will happen but perhaps it has to coincide with some event or some co-fights, etc. It is taking a lot longer for people to agree to put up the money and my feeling is because both AJ and Wilder look lackluster at the moment. So, the concern could be that not as many people will fly to Saudi to watch it as they might have anticipated at the beginning.
                  Last edited by Zelda; 09-06-2023, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
                    Joshua has little chance either way..He goes in there firing ,Wilder takes him out double quick with his much faster and more powerful fists , if he choses to box he may last slightly longer.
                    I see it the same way. Way back before Joshua-Klitschko I was telling the few who were ready to listen that Wilder was a terrible style match-up for Joshua. Fast forward to today and people who see it are faily growing on trees.

Now, I'm a historian rather than a blind critic and I respect Joshua, his athleticism and his abilities. I even give him a better chance against Fury or in Usyk III than I do versus Wilder; but I don't honestly see Matchroom putting him in with the unspeakably dangerous Deontay Wilder unless this becomes Joshua's one & only big fight cash-out option.

Joshua alway was and remains a perfect fight for the Bomber.

Wilder is often criticized for some "Lack of boxing skill". This is a newbe misread. His style should be accurately described as "Unorthodox but highly successful". The latter term squares with the facts, which are: He evidently knows what he's doing in there because he's hit and hurt every single man he's ever fought, and he's lived in the top three for 8 years doing it.

You just can't spin that.

Comment

Working...
                    X