Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shawn Porter Urges Keith Thurman to Move Up to 154, Questions His Power

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Shawn Porter Urges Keith Thurman to Move Up to 154, Questions His Power

Shawn Porter thinks it is high time for Keith Thurman to leave the welterweight division--the only division he has ever fought in--behind. Porter, the former 147-pound titlist and now media personality, weighed in on the current absence of his one-time
    [Click Here To Read More]

I give him ZERO chance to beat Boots Ennis @ 154! He should fight WBC #1 Contender Charles Conwell @ 154!

Comment

I had totally forgot about Thurman.

i get the impression that fighters like him and Jermall have one foot out the door.
      And are just waiting for a good enough payday to motivate them to fight again.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        I give him ZERO chance to beat Boots Ennis @ 154! He should fight WBC #1 Contender Charles Conwell @ 154!
        Considering the fact that boots ennis couldn’t do something so basic as to cut off the ring when he fought karen chukhadzhian and another fact that boots has never fought even a top 10 fighter , Keith has more than a “zero” chance here

Comment

I think Crawford will fight Thurman, he's a name and can sell a fight, plus Crawford would stop him; in a good fight while it lasts!

Comment

Wasting valuable space on Keith!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MesicoFistology View Post

Considering the fact that boots ennis couldn’t do something so basic as to cut off the ring when he fought karen chukhadzhian and another fact that boots has never fought even a top 10 fighter , Keith has more than a “zero” chance here
              Considering the fact that Boots won every round vs. Karen, 120-108 by all 3 judges, if Keith uses that same tactic, he still loses, he just won't be KO'd!

Comment

Thurman is not fit to be at 154. His body is only designed for the 147 division. He's small, skinny and he's frail-looking. I've never seen him rehydrate fully so that he's bigger than his opponent on fight night. His skills are his best asset, not his physique.

Comment

Keith would be no pushover for Boots. Thurman navigates the ring better than Ennis and clearly has a higher ring IQ. The issue for Keith would be his inability to deal with body punches well.
                  Tanksabum Tanksabum likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Knuckle sandwich View Post
                    I think Crawford will fight Thurman, he's a name and can sell a fight, plus Crawford would stop him; in a good fight while it lasts!
                    Bud is done at 147. Like shawn said, Keith gotta move up

Comment

Working...
                    X