Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Haye on Eubank-Smith: No Reason For Trilogy, Rematch Was So Conclusive

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: David Haye on Eubank-Smith: No Reason For Trilogy, Rematch Was So Conclusive

Former two division world champion David Haye believes there is no reason to make a trilogy fight between Chris Eubank Jr. and Liam Smith. In January, Smith secured a shocking upset when he knocked Eubank out in four rounds.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The first fight wasn’t conclusive at the time?? LOLLL
    786 786 Flap Mr WorldWide like this.

Comment

Originally posted by GBP4LIFE View Post
      The first fight wasn’t conclusive at the time?? LOLLL
      You beat me to it. What Haye doesn't take into account is that the reverse could have happened here. Smith may have thought he had seen Eubanks level in the first fight and just expected a repeat. A third fight might show them both at the best.
      Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

To be fair though. . and i've heard the "hes always been grey" stories...he looked about 100 years old in the ring last night. I still dont think Eubank is any world beater...but he improved and last night against an old opponent had spots where he looked like he could have some kind of resurgence. Still has fast hands....still has no power. The first knockdown Smith fell over.

Comment

Wrong David, because the first time they fought was also so conclusive that I thought a rematch would only be more of the same.
          I couldn't have been further off the mark, so it stands to reason that they both should want to fight the tie breaker/rubber match.
          786 786 JeBron Lamez JeBron Lamez like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post

You beat me to it. What Haye doesn't take into account is that the reverse could have happened here. Smith may have thought he had seen Eubanks level in the first fight and just expected a repeat. A third fight might show them both at the best.
            One punch knock-out wins, do not really tell the whole story of a fighter's true form.

Smith's win over Eubank Junior, was nowhere near as conclusive as Junior's win over Smith.

1: Smith was dropping rounds to Eubank Junior in the first fight, before he finally landed that anomaly type punch.

Liam Smith has never been a monster puncher, and has never won any of his fights at a good level easily 'Win or lose Smith always gets beaten up in 99.9% of his top level fights'.

Eubank Junior's win overall was more conclusive, because he out boxed Smith, he beat Smith up, and yes Smith did land on Eubank Junior 'But this time around, Eubank Junior did not collapse to the canvas, Eubank Junior also scored a stoppage win'. It was complete and utter domination from Eubank Junior, Smith never won a single round 'Liam Smith did not win a single round vs Eubank Junior in this rematch fight'.

Eubank Junior's win was 1000% a more conclusive win than Smith's win in their first fight.

But even taking all of this into account, if Smith can get a few comeback wins at 160 'Then there could be a 3rd fight'.

The build up to the fight was intriguing, and there is a genuine rivalry between the two fighters which captivates boxing fans. So as of right now Haye is correct, that there is no need for a rematch.

The only way Smith can force a rematch is by actually winning some more fights at 160 pounds, or more meaningfully fights in general 'If Smith does not achieve this, then Eubank Junior is gaining nothing. Eubank Junior gained a lot of this rematch, he avenged a loss and proved many critics wrong'.

Note: I personally don't rate Eubank Junior as a Super High World level fighter, but he is a solid fighter who can challenge for a World title if that is his intention 'He should aim for a World title fight next, if he wins great. If not then he can just make all of this big domestic fights' etc.

Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 09-03-2023, 06:47 PM.
            Dan Gleessac Dan Gleessac likes this.

Comment

Maybe Smith should stop 'Alley-catting' & doing it with all those wild women? I mean, I know Sugar Ray Robinson could combine an insane night life with being champion, but, brutally, Liam is NOT SRR.

Comment

Might as well have a third go. We all know Eubanks Jr. isn't looking to fight anyone other than 78 year old GGG and the two British welterweights he loves to mention.
                Last edited by BlackRobb; 09-03-2023, 11:49 PM. Reason: Because Kannabis Kid is a TWINK

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post

One punch knock-out wins, do not really tell the whole story of a fighter's true form.

Smith's win over Eubank Junior, was nowhere near as conclusive as Junior's win over Smith.

1: Smith was dropping rounds to Eubank Junior in the first fight, before he finally landed that anomaly type punch.

Liam Smith has never been a monster puncher, and has never won any of his fights at a good level easily 'Win or lose Smith always gets beaten up in 99.9% of his top level fights'.

Eubank Junior's win overall was more conclusive, because he out boxed Smith, he beat Smith up, and yes Smith did land on Eubank Junior 'But this time around, Eubank Junior did not collapse to the canvas, Eubank Junior also scored a stoppage win'. It was complete and utter domination from Eubank Junior, Smith never won a single round 'Liam Smith did not win a single round vs Eubank Junior in this rematch fight'.

Eubank Junior's win was 1000% a more conclusive win than Smith's win in their first fight.

But even taking all of this into account, if Smith can get a few comeback wins at 160 'Then there could be a 3rd fight'.

The build up to the fight was intriguing, and there is a genuine rivalry between the two fighters which captivates boxing fans. So as of right now Haye is correct, that there is no need for a rematch.

The only way Smith can force a rematch is by actually winning some more fights at 160 pounds, or more meaningfully fights in general 'If Smith does not achieve this, then Eubank Junior is gaining nothing. Eubank Junior gained a lot of this rematch, he avenged a loss and proved many critics wrong'.

Note: I personally don't rate Eubank Junior as a Super High World level fighter, but he is a solid fighter who can challenge for a World title if that is his intention 'He should aim for a World title fight next, if he wins great. If not then he can just make all of this big domestic fights' etc.
                  2 completely different fights. You are talking like the first fight was the same as the second with the exception of one lucky punch.

Comment

The first one was supposed to be him only needing to be 60%! Jr. claims to be what he's not ...you've only got to look at his choice of opponents and his plans for the future. I wouldn't waste a penny on him .

Comment

Working...
                    X