Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Liam Smith on Eubank Fight: 'I Feel the Weight [Cut] Killed Me'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Liam Smith on Eubank Fight: 'I Feel the Weight [Cut] Killed Me'

Liam Smith has blamed his loss to Chris Eubank Jr. on what he claims was the more than 40 pounds of weight he needed to lose leading up to their middleweight rematch.
    [Click Here To Read More]

No,it was Eubank fists. This is how everyone thought that he would fight you the first time.

Comment

This mf was claiming "im a 154 fighter and came up and beat you at 160 l" now hes claiming weight cut excuses

Comment

to be fair to eubank i dont think he said much after the first fight even tho i think he had more issues going on, the injury was bad luck for smith too

Comment

Oh please, some f these comments are stupid! I’ve been saying from the first fight being announced, Liam smith is domestic level at his very best. Callum smith is a slight level above and that’s it. Eubank was stupid in the first one and did what he was supposed to do. Johnny Nelson made laugh uncontrollably when he stated “same again,” Liam smith” what a complete wanker, why is that fool still giving his oar on fights? Infact, I didn’t hear anyone say Chris was gonna do what he was supposed to do, people are goin mental with memory issues or something. The only shock was the bookies gave Chris 4-1 to knock smith out! I won 150 nicka on an easy pick.
          Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

Excuse after excuse.

He got lucky in the first fight. Eubank messed around with his weight and had a disrupted training camp due to the cancellation.

On form, Liam Smith isn't fit to carry his jockstrap and it showed.
            Last edited by FeFist; 09-03-2023, 04:41 PM.

Comment

If there was no rematch then people would forever being wrongly thinking Liam was just a better fighter and would always beat eubank.
              Just like some think floyd would always best pac or nelo? Or Floyd's a better fighter as he has that win over them?
              Damn Wicked Damn Wicked likes this.

Comment

Liam's post fight comments have really put me off him. He criticised Eubank heavily for excuses.

He's made out like he didn't have much time, well you delayed it once, its 9 months later. Then he says the weight cut killed him, after the injury. You're a 154 lb fighter that struggled with a cut to 160?

What you're saying is you ate loads and done a Ruiz Junior. Lazily gained weight then expected sympathy with these excuses.
                Damn Wicked Damn Wicked likes this.

Comment

Smith wasn’t able to train properly but it’s your own responsibility to be in the best condition possible when you enter the ring.

I think the threat of Eubank-Benn being made instead forced them to rush the rematch over the line.
                  tokon tokon likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Yacontya View Post
                    Oh please, some f these comments are stupid! I’ve been saying from the first fight being announced, Liam smith is domestic level at his very best. Callum smith is a slight level above and that’s it. Eubank was stupid in the first one and did what he was supposed to do. Johnny Nelson made laugh uncontrollably when he stated “same again,” Liam smith” what a complete wanker, why is that fool still giving his oar on fights? Infact, I didn’t hear anyone say Chris was gonna do what he was supposed to do, people are goin mental with memory issues or something. The only shock was the bookies gave Chris 4-1 to knock smith out! I won 150 nicka on an easy pick.
                    "goin mental with memory" i like that but that is what happens when the influencers come in and they tell a story with little truth. Truth is i picked Eube to win but both are very mid level to me no knock just where they stand in my boxing "memory." Also beleive that this sets up each guy getting a seperate fight then the third fight. Wait and see how they sell that one and change your memory banks....................

Comment

Working...
                    X