Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mosley Believes Crawford Would Beat "Money" Mayweather But Lose To "Pretty Boy" Floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mosley Believes Crawford Would Beat "Money" Mayweather But Lose To "Pretty Boy" Floyd

Terence Crawford's spectacular win over Errol Spence Jr. has given him worldwide attention. Heading in, most were under the assumption that the two were practically on the same playing field. However, after nine incredibly one-sided rounds, Crawford (40-0, 31 KOs) proved that he was the clearcut better fighter, at least that night.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Would lose to both by shutout.

Comment

I genuinely couldn’t call Mayweather vs Crawford. Two fighters with truly elite ring IQ, would’ve been an incredible fight.

I’d probably lean towards Mayweather points but wouldn’t be a confident pick.
      Hustle Hustle likes this.

Comment

The thing is, Crawford could choose to fight in Floyd's style if he wanted to, but I don't think Floyd could fight in Crawford's style.
        megas30 megas30 likes this.

Comment

thats the fairest assessment ive ever heard. and the most accurate. Bud wouldnt change to adapt to whichever Mayweather showed up.
          TC by KO, FM by decision; if it went to a decision.

Comment

Mayweather had some of the best defense around, but I do agree that he was a better business man than he was a boxer.... Make that what you will. ( I'm not saying Mayweather wasn't one of the best of his time, but he's not the best boxer of all time, that's something cooked up by him and his groupies) Mayweather knew exactly when to fight someone (usually when you were really old or really young, catch weights he was big on as well) I think he really only fought Corrales and Castillo when they were both in their prime, and regardless what the scorecards said he lost to Castillo, I've seen that fight multiple times and there's no situation where Mayweather won that fight.

All that said, Mayweather beats Crawford, regardless of the weights, prime or not, Mayweather resume and competition was leaps and bounds better than Crawford. At the age of 35 Crawford finally fought his first serious opponent, that says everything, and he fought Spence after a serious car accident, eye surgery, and after a full career at 147 where Spence had no business making that weight anymore. ( Yes, he was drained, wether you believe it or not)
            Topdogggbm Topdogggbm likes this.

Comment

I don't really agree.
              'Money' Mayweather was the more adaptive Mayweather. He would change tactics according to what he was facing or what was happening in the ring. I think if he fought Crawford and decided during the fight that 'Pretty Boy' was called for, that's what he would have done/become.
              Even if it meant breaking both his hands.

Comment

Good analysis by Sugar Shane! I believe he's on point! Floyd 135-140, is was better than Crawford 135-140! 35 year old Bud is better than the 35 year-old Floyd!

Comment

Good assessment by Mosley

Comment

Excellent take on the topic. Pretty Boy at lower weight class takes it but, Bud wins at 147 and maybe by ko. Money would give Bud time to operate. Pretty Boy puts young Bud down but, not out. All hypothetical and I'm a Crawford fan.

Young Floyd was like a mini RJ jr with better fundamentals.

Comment

Working...
                    X