Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Janibek Alimkhanuly vs. Vincenzo Gualtieri Unification Lands at Fort Bend Epicenter, October 14

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Janibek Alimkhanuly vs. Vincenzo Gualtieri Unification Lands at Fort Bend Epicenter, October 14

Janibek "Qazaq Style" Alimkhanuly is ready to conquer the middleweight division one belt a time. The reigning WBO world champion will lock horns against unbeaten IBF world champion Vincenzo Gualtieri in a title unification showdown on Saturday, Oct. 14 at Fort Bend Epicenter in Rosenberg, Texas. This will be the first boxing event to take place at the brand-new, state-of-the-art sports and entertainment venue, which opened its doors last week.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I imagine Top Rank are hoping to replicate the promotional strategy behind Golovkin's success with Alimkhanuly.

Comment

Auf gehts il capo!

Comment

Janibek is special.

but he has no rivals.

Comment

Originally posted by unknowledgeablepugilist View Post
          I imagine Top Rank are hoping to replicate the promotional strategy behind Golovkin's success with Alimkhanuly.

In 2013 Golovkin fought: Gabe Rosado, Nobuhiro Ishida, Matthew Macklin & Curtis Stevens
          in 2014 Golovkin fought: Osumanu, Daniel Geale, Rubio
          In 2015: Martin Murray, Willie Monroe jnr, Marco Antonio Rubio & David Lemiuex.

Golovkin was in the media year round, he was fighting often, and he was destroying the top 10 middleweights.

Alimkhanuly fights no more than anyone else, he’s boring and has he beat 1 top 10 opponent yet?

Comment

Jani will never be as good as GGG, I just don’t see what everyone else sees…
            Gideon lock Gideon lock likes this.

Comment

It's been a long time since I didn't know of a beltholder at a weight like 168. Back to the days when half the belts were held hostage by Eurobums. This Italian is probably a Eurobum. Janibek on the other hand needs a good performance.

Comment

I don’t know how good this guy is yet
                But i respect the ambition. Looks like he’s not messing around

Comment

keep putting up fight cards ESPN and people will continue to watch thanks for the advertisement and the info.................

Comment

I'm not sure what all of the hype is surrounding Jan, but he hasn't proven himself at all. Beating old guys and B-level fighters is something for prospects, not contenders. And now he gets to fight another paper champ, who has fought less quality guys than he has. 160 is turning into one of the weakest divisions.

Comment

Working...
                    X