Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jermell Charlo Will Beat Canelo Alvarez, Says Only Common Opponent Austin Trout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jermell Charlo Will Beat Canelo Alvarez, Says Only Common Opponent Austin Trout

Canelo Alvarez and Jermell Charlo are set to square off in a super middleweight fight on September 30 in a battle between undisputed champions. Alvarez (59-2-2, 39 KOs) has been a professional fighter since 2005 and Charlo (35-1-1, 19 KOs) since 2007, but the pair of 33-year-olds only share one common opponent throughout their careers, and that's Austin Trout.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I think Canelo has improved tons more than Charlo since Trout fought each of them
    Raimondo Raimondo likes this.

Comment

Hard to have common opponents when you’re multiple weight classes apart

Comment

Trout is a good fighter but not having power is his issue why he can't win some his top fights. Good assessment but even if Charlo is naturally the bigger guy he has not fought so high. Carrying all that weight and being pushed by someone that has been on that weight is a different thing. He has not have a fight at that weight class so he can get acclimated to it.

But who knows if he has the ability to squeeze himself down to 154 all this time and at his age.
        Charlie Zelenoff Charlie Zelenoff likes this.

Comment

This is one of those fights that the entire boxing community will be watching

Comment

Charlo might make him quit before facing the embarrassment of getting stopped. Jermell is strong, athletic, with good movement and speed. He has the ability to give Cinnabon the same problems as Trout and Lara, but with much more power and quickness.

Comment

Trout and Canelo fight was a close one. I thought Trout did enough to get the win but that KD was damning.

Comment

Canelo beats Charlo down--my official prediction. There could be an upset but it is doubtful.

Comment

Originally posted by Nomadic View Post
                  Trout and Canelo fight was a close one. I thought Trout did enough to get the win but that KD was damning.
                  Trout was damned even without the knock down. Those judges (in typical canelo fight fashion) didn’t give trout any credit for his efforts and to top it off, it was open scoring so Trout knew he was behind. This was why he got more risky and ended up getting dropped. But I agree, knock down aside, there was a string argument that he could’ve won that fight.

Comment

Always felt the open scoring did Trout in. He imo was winning the fight. The open scoring had him way down so he had to just try and ko canelo when he should’ve been able to box the rest of the way.
                    garfios garfios likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X