Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kossobutskiy Publicly Apologizes For Disgraceful Performance In DQ Loss To Efe Ajagba

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kossobutskiy Publicly Apologizes For Disgraceful Performance In DQ Loss To Efe Ajagba

The only real heavyweight low blow controversy from this past weekend has been addressed head-on by the guilty party. Kazakhstan's Zhan Kossobutskiy has openly expressed sorrow for his disgraceful performance in his August 26 disqualification loss to Efe Ajagba. The unbeaten heavyweight was deducted two points in round three and ultimately tossed by referee Chris Flores at 0:33 of round four in their ESPN-televised bout in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He's mentally ill, you could see it in his face when the fight was on. There was no good reason for him to go low like that so persistently.

Comment

Kudos for that opening line. Dubois “controversy” is complete BS. STFU Fish Eyes

Comment

I have to respect that and while it was awful, it was certainly largely in retaliation to a number of low blows he received from Ajagba which the referee turned a blind eye to.

Comment

I didn't even know this was the guy who was supposed to fight Anderson first, looked up 2 - 3 of his fights to make my pick. You had guys saying he'd KO Eje. There we go with the Central Asian and Eastern European names vs. the fighter people are actually looking at on the screen. Think I put 4th KO Eje. Hard for the KO with this guy fouling nonsense.

Comment

He looked like he was drinking before the fight.

Comment

The fight was getting hot until the low blows started to fly in. That dude mentally checked out and the last one he didn't even cared.

Comment

Originally posted by VislorTurlough View Post
                Kudos for that opening line. Dubois “controversy” is complete BS. STFU Fish Eyes
                Really? Usyk said he hit him in the balls when realistically, the blow was 2 or 3 inches below his belly button. Even if that is technically considered low, is that where your balls are? Usyk's argument makes absolutely no sense. Unless his anatomy is dramatically different than every other man's, he's clearly making excuses.
                I'm a big Usyk fan but you could tell by his uncharacteristic defensiveness when asked about the shot after the fight that he knew he pulled a fast one. He's a great actor. The ref was responding to every motion by Usyk touching his waste even when the blows were clearly legal. He's weak to the body. He was the massive A side, in Poland in front of tens of thousands of Ukrainians, a day after Ukranian independence day. He was given the benefit of the doubt. It is what it is. We've seen this all before. The other heavyweight main event last weekend was a perfect example of how similar body shots are usually received. Jared Anderson landed dozens of similar blows on Rudenko and no one complained, neither the ref nor Rudyenko because they knew the punches wear legal. Many of them were on the belt line, just like Dubois' "illegal" blow on Usyk. The difference was Usyk was hurt bad by it. Rudenko, for all his shortcomings, is tough as nails and not once tried to fake being hit low.

Comment

Koubbotski or whatever his name is needs to never be seen on tv again stick to boxing in Kazakh rings bum

Comment

Zhan was getting screwed and he, understandably, didn't like it.

He went way too far, obviously.

Comment

Working...
                    X