Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Carl Frampton Believes Dubois Landed a Legal Shot, Liam Smith Disagrees

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Carl Frampton Believes Dubois Landed a Legal Shot, Liam Smith Disagrees

Former two-division world champion Carl Frampton believes Daniel Dubois should be heavyweight champion after a controversial fifth round in his world title fight with Oleksandr Usyk.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Dubois didn't finish Usyk off after he hurt him. Usyk did.

That's the difference between a champion and the guy whinging about not being the champ.
    tonysoprano tonysoprano likes this.

Comment

After reading the controversy I watched the fight, I didn't see it live as I was at work.

The punch was border line as Frampton says some refs rule as low some don't, so the question you got to ask yourself who do you rule for? I think you will get different answers, in my opinion you give the benefit of the doubt to the person receiving the low blow.

Take away that one incident Ussyk was in control of the fight and proved it with the stoppage. The stoppage was not from 50/50 punches but clean punches and in 'my opinion deserved the win so let's not go down the road it was a home town decision like Warren is sprouting off, the right fighter won.

Comment

Originally posted by pollywog View Post
        Dubois didn't finish Usyk off after he hurt him. Usyk did.

That's the difference between a champion and the guy whinging about not being the champ.
        In the heavyweight division, one punch can change or END a fight even when one guy is vastly superior. End of story. Usyk can get home cooking just like any fighter. Someone was counted out rolling around in the corner.
        Last edited by hhh1200; 08-27-2023, 03:18 AM.

Comment

It was low.

Comment

The photos afterwards, Usyks reaction (and lack of reaction to other body shots), makes me believe it was low in hindsight.

Quite the call by the ref though
            Manics Manics likes this.

Comment

what we can all agree on is that dubois quit again, that is the 'story of the fight'

Comment

The shot was low to me, it was a uppercut and he pushed up the cup......very painful. If you have never took a punch like that with the cup that bring your ba**s to your throat, well believe me it's a massive painfull shot.....more from a HW with 10oz gloves. It looks to the border line but the truth it's that the curve of the punch hit low first. Usyk never acted in his life, Brits are sore losers here.....damn DD took a beating and got schooled, he has been stopped and him plus Brits have the nerve to call it controversial, smh.....DD quit because the beating, this is the damn truth we all saw indeed.
                pollywog pollywog likes this.

Comment

https://twitter.com/i/status/1695568603163070861

Low blow indeed
                  sirculturevulture sirculturevulture likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyu View Post
                    After reading the controversy I watched the fight, I didn't see it live as I was at work.

The punch was border line as Frampton says some refs rule as low some don't, so the question you got to ask yourself who do you rule for? I think you will get different answers, in my opinion you give the benefit of the doubt to the person receiving the low blow.

Take away that one incident Ussyk was in control of the fight and proved it with the stoppage. The stoppage was not from 50/50 punches but clean punches and in 'my opinion deserved the win so let's not go down the road it was a home town decision like Warren is sprouting off, the right fighter won.
                    This isn't rocket science, the rules state that below the navel is illegal. Usyk's navel was right at the top of his belt line, you could see his belly button throughout the fight. There is nothing to argue here, it was 100% low per the rules and all these casuals are used to refs allowing belt line shots because fighters wear their trunks too high a lot of the time.
                    Smash Smash likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X