Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sona 'Slink Proper' Akale Shocks Nico Ali Walsh, Earns Upset Majority Decision Win In Tulsa

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sona 'Slink Proper' Akale Shocks Nico Ali Walsh, Earns Upset Majority Decision Win In Tulsa

Sona Akale previously gained minor acclaim as a hip hop artist under the stage name 'Slink Proper.' He will now be known for the rest of his boxing career as the first fighter to bump off Nico Ali Walsh.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Nico is nothing more than a club fighter and will never be anything more than a club fighter and has struggled with club fighters and was just beaten by a club fighter.
    AmpMcv AmpMcv likes this.

Comment

Told you. #hypejob
      He's the next Jared Anderson.

Comment

Hopefully now ESPN will stop forcing the Ali narrative down our throats

Comment

During my first professional fight, Akale was on the undercard, and I just so happened to see part of his fight.

I saw his opponent in the hotel, and his face was fcked.

Good for Akale; now it's time for Walsh to learn from his loss and become better.

Comment

Idk why I read his nickname as Pink Slipper. Thought it was an odd choice till I realized I was way off.

Comment

Not surprised here at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Spice View Post
                Hopefully now ESPN will stop forcing the Ali narrative down our throats
                If I had to hear Joe Tess emphatically introduce him as, "Nico Ali-Walsh - the grandson of Muhammad Ali" one more time I was going to puke. I don't dislike Walsh, but for God's sake man. Hopefully he disappears from TV for awhile, works on his craft, and if he ultimately earns his way back into any level of respectability, good for him. But nobody else would be even talked about, let alone get consistent national tv exposure with his accomplishments to this point and it sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
                  Idk why I read his nickname as Pink Slipper. Thought it was an odd choice till I realized I was way off.
                  LOL. Do you have dyslexia maybe? Or was that a one off? Not criticizing/joking, rather just asking out of curiosity and concern. I don't dig the overall style of hip-hop he does much, but it's on par with plenty of stuff that is pretty popular with people.

Comment

Originally posted by TreD View Post
                    During my first professional fight, Akale was on the undercard, and I just so happened to see part of his fight.

I saw his opponent in the hotel, and his face was fcked.

Good for Akale; now it's time for Walsh to learn from his loss and become better.
                    Walsh's face looked like a melon afterwards. I dont remember seeing Akale before, but I kind of expected him to gas because of his build but also because I wondered why they would put Walsh in with a strong guy at this point unless they expected him to gas.

No hate Here. Walsh gets a jumpstart from His grandfather's name, and prob makes more than anybody else at his level. If he's only gonna be club level, then enjoy it while it lasts and make what he can while he can.
                    Last edited by BustedKnuckles; 08-27-2023, 11:41 AM.
                    TreD TreD likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X