Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Charles Martin: Jared Is A Really Good Fighter, But With A Full Camp No Way He Can Beat Me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Charles Martin: Jared Is A Really Good Fighter, But With A Full Camp No Way He Can Beat Me

Charles Martin left the ring with a lot of respect for Jared Anderson the night of July 1. Martin determined after going 10 rounds with Anderson that the hard-hitting contender can become a heavyweight champion. The former IBF champ has an even firmer belief that Anderson wouldn't beat him in an unlikely rematch if Martin were afforded an entire training camp to prepare for it.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Lotta fans grind on Martin, but I'm a fan who enjoys watching his fights.
    He is right, having a full camp is paramount before stepping into the ring.
    And it would be an interesting matchup to see both in top form.

Comment

Hard to argue with a god
      baroidi baroidi likes this.

Comment

Martin says a lot of stupid stuff, but I actually agree w/him here. Anderson is lame.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
          And it would be an interesting matchup to see both in top form.
          I agree to a point. The frustration I have with Martin is that he never looks like he's had a full camp. Charles is 37 now and I'm not sure the world will have ever seen a top form version of him.

Comment

Perhaps Martin could win, but that ship has sailed. No trilogies with the young guys if you lose. I'd watch Martin vs Ajagba thoug. Martin can pick from a lot of young guys to continue extending his career. If he can beat someone he can get back in the mix. Otherwise he's a gatekeeper and a very good test for the majority of HW's outside of the top 6 or 7. Maybe he shouldn't take fights on short notice though, 'cause there probably won't be re-do's and rematches if he loses.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff
              And it would be an interesting matchup to see both in top form.​

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
              I agree to a point. The frustration I have with Martin is that he never looks like he's had a full camp. Charles is 37 now and I'm not sure the world will have ever seen a top form version of him.
              You make some good points. It is frustrating, but I do feel like he had a bad ref with the Ortiz fight.
              Ref should've called time out so Martin could've gotten his arm untangled from the ropes. Even
              if he was rattled, at least he'd have had a fair chance either way. And he did get a lucky break in
              the fight where he won't the vacant title. But he does have some great wins along the way. Doubt
              he'll get a belt in the few years he has left, but I'm still a fan.

Comment

Working...
              X