Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bellew: A Win By Dubois Would Be 'Monumental' Upset, He Only Has Puncher's Chance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bellew: A Win By Dubois Would Be 'Monumental' Upset, He Only Has Puncher's Chance

Former cruiserweight champion Tony Bellew is no stranger to Oleksandr Usyk. In 2018, Bellew challenged Usyk for the undisputed cruiserweight crown. The Ukrainian boxer brutally knocked Bellew out. Bellew would retire in the aftermath.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Tyson by his own admission, was using drugs and barely trained for Douglas. I doubt that's the case with Usyk. So, a victory by Dubois wouldn't only be monumental, it would be miraculous.

Comment

Bellew too only had a punchers chance … with a lot less pop than D . Unless you talk about Tonys hero Joshua, no body is really any good and we all know that doesn’t make an once of sense

Comment

Daniel Dubois just needs to go out and fight Usyk bv pressuring him from the opening bell. Don't go looking for the knockout or rely on a lucky punch or else Oleksandr will neutralize it.

Dubois needs to add several more layers and dimensions to his fight game in order to defeat Usyk like: Cardio conditioning, workrate and punch volume. Make it a very physical fight. He cannot afford to be too predictable.

Tie him up and rough him up on the inside. Hopefully, the referee allows infighting.

Comment

I don't give Dubois no chance, because 'punchers chance' is, in reality, no chance against someone as skilled & focussed as Usyk. There is no comparison with Tyson v Douglas. I remember betting on Douglas. Tony Tucker extended Tyson over 12. Douglas completely outclassed Tucker over their first 6 rounds then faded & got stopped. No-one gave Douglas a chance because he was labelled a 'quitter'. I bet on Buster because I figured that, if he could show heart, his skills were exactly right to beat Tyson. No-one is doubting Dubois' heart, but he hasn't got any skills to make this interesting. People are saying Dubois will 'swarm' Usyk but Dubois has never been a pressure fighter in his entire life & if you think you can turn a rudimentary H/W into a Frazier or a Marciano over one camp then, I'm sorry, but YDKSAB.
          AmpMcv AmpMcv likes this.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if dim dan makes usyk look like a monster puncher but either way I've got dim dan getting stopped at some point either brutally or by ref/corner stoppage because he is taking too many clean shots to the head.

Comment

I guess Bellew didn’t pay attention to how bad Usyk looked at the weigh in. If Dubois jumps on Usyk snd shows him no respect, he can win. Dubois had real serious power. If Dubois attacks Usyk body….watch out!
              Damn Wicked Damn Wicked likes this.

Comment

Usyk didn't look as physically muscular as he did in his previous fights, judging by the weighin. He better not be underestimating Dubios. I doubt he is, but his physique does look softer than usual. Who knows if that is Usyk not having a tough training camp, or not. we'll find out tomorrow.

Comment

When Usyk first jumped to HW I think Dubois would have been favored to beat him, had they fought then. I think this is an interesting match-up. If Usyk is in shape (some are questioning it?) and on his normal game, he should be able to win. Dubois is a wild-card for me. People forget he was winning the Joyce fight but his defense was almost irresponsible to that jab. If he's learned to defend the jab he is a powerful puncher with a lot of talent. Usyk is very crafty and with underrated power (he's beaten many bigger guys over the years). Still I always thought Dubois would come up big in a big fight one day. Is this the day?

Interesting match-up. This will tell us a lot about both fighters.

Comment

Dubois has 6 rounds to stop Usyk. Than he will gas out and lose.

Comment

Working...
                    X