Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford on Negotiating with Spence: He Probably Felt He Gave Up Too Much; I Felt It Was Fair

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Crawford on Negotiating with Spence: He Probably Felt He Gave Up Too Much; I Felt It Was Fair

Terence Crawford understands that Errol Spence Jr. had to backpedal on some of his demands at the negotiating table in order for their undisputed welterweight fight to become a reality.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Serious Q: were the purses ever released? just how much money did these 2 make?? i cant find this fact anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Plick647 View Post
      Serious Q: were the purses ever released? just how much money did these 2 make?? i cant find this fact anywhere.
      As I was reading this article, was thinking that very same thing!
      Plick647 Plick647 likes this.

Comment

Crawford probably wanted 50/50 or no fight
        Gary Coleman Gary Coleman likes this.

Comment

All this talk about negotiations but we're the purses ever made public. lol what exactly did spence give up. I'm sure al hymie was telling spence things that would make it harder for the fight to be made. after all talks broke down last year when they tried to make the fight happen.

Comment

Let's not forget to Blame Bob Arum and Top Rank for Crawford's and Spence first negotiations falling through and Crawford fight Avanesyan instead, even though Bob was not involved.

Comment

Its always gonna be difficult to negotiate when the B-side makes more money on a fight per fight bases.

Comment

Errol is the reason the fight got made. This is no secret.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Coleman View Post
                  Errol is the reason the fight got made. This is no secret.
                  He didn't want to fight him initially, didn't want Keef and had a list of dangerous contenders lining up as his mandatories ala Stanley, Ortiz Jr and Ennis vs all removing themselves from the WBO ranking. He had to make a move. Anyone of those 3 on a really good night could have defeated him or him in a life and death dogfight.

Comment

Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
                    Crawford probably wanted 50/50 or no fight
                    What's wrong with that if you're the higher grossing fighter? Spence generated more money but was paid less thanks to his handlers.

Comment

Working...
                    X