Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nico Ali Walsh-Danny Rosenberger Draw Changed To No-Contest; Rosenberger Suspended Nine Months For Drug Testing Violation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Nico Ali Walsh-Danny Rosenberger Draw Changed To No-Contest; Rosenberger Suspended Nine Months For Drug Testing Violation

Nico Ali Walsh will have his perfect record restored in time for his next bout this weekend. A previous eight-round split-decision draw versus Danny Rosenberger was changed to a No-Contest, per a ruling from the Nevada State Athletic Commission monthly agenda hearing. Random drug testing results from their May 20 bout at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas revealed elevated levels of testosterone in the sample provided by Rosenberger, to which the five-person commission panel unanimously voted to invalidate the previous fight result.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This makes me think it might be a good ploy to only let hot prospects fight people who are juicing. It might even be why Eddie Hearn was happy for AJ to fight Dillian Whyte so early

Comment

I didn’t know they tested such low level fighters, but it’s a good thing and maybe testing should be mandatory. I’m glad his aSs got caught and the fine a suspension isn’t enough! Good for Ali Walsh

Comment

Good for Ali not alot of fighters get the decision changed after an opponent pisses dirty. Ask Oscar against Mosley or Pacquiao against froid

Comment

Originally posted by GlassJoey View Post
          This makes me think it might be a good ploy to only let hot prospects fight people who are juicing. It might even be why Eddie Hearn was happy for AJ to fight Dillian Whyte so early
          What was "early" about his fight vs Whyte? Whyte is a bum, and even if he tested positive for 12 different PEDs, AJ would be a bum for losing to him, regardless of official result.
          AmpMcv AmpMcv likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by chicken- View Post

What was "early" about his fight vs Whyte? Whyte is a bum, and even if he tested positive for 12 different PEDs, AJ would be a bum for losing to him, regardless of official result.
            Nothing early about that, I just meant Eddie might have had drug testing as a wild card if AJ lost .

Comment

If they can change that decision, go and change the dumb Rolly fight. Tony Weeks admitted wrong doing at that one. I say strip Rolly's title and declare that one to at least a "no contest". Better yet, give the old man his belt. He was winning on the official cards at the time of the unnecessary stoppage.

Comment

Oh, wow. This changes everything. Walsh is a wash.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby817 View Post
                  If they can change that decision, go and change the dumb Rolly fight. Tony Weeks admitted wrong doing at that one. I say strip Rolly's title and declare that one to at least a "no contest". Better yet, give the old man his belt. He was winning on the official cards at the time of the unnecessary stoppage.
                  We know the powers at be with the PBC are the reason it was stopped early anyway so no chance of that happening. Now rolly is ducking out on his Mandatory

Comment

Working...
                  X