Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jared Anderson: Everything That Happened [Last Fight], I Was Confident Of Handling

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jared Anderson: Everything That Happened [Last Fight], I Was Confident Of Handling

There was nothing about his last performance that came of any surprise to Jared Anderson. Especially the aftermath. The unbeaten, fast-rising heavyweight contender went all ten rounds for the first time in his young career in an entertaining but clear unanimous decision win over former titlist Charles Martin on July 1 in his hometown of Toledo,
    [Click Here To Read More]

Talented guy. But he went life or death with a guy that Joshua destroyed while in his prime, and that guy is now many years older.

Anderson will likely get knocked out against a top ten guy. He has a ways to go IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Theshotyoudontsee View Post
      Talented guy. But he went life or death with a guy that Joshua destroyed while in his prime, and that guy is now many years older.

Anderson will likely get knocked out against a top ten guy. He has a ways to go IMO.
      For me it’s not that he doesn’t have the talent or skill set. But he’s on record saying he’s is in boxing for the money and wants a short career. Boxing doesn’t work like that. His mental is kinda shaky to me.
      Theshotyoudontsee Theshotyoudontsee likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Punch on Tap View Post

For me it’s not that he doesn’t have the talent or skill set. But he’s on record saying he’s is in boxing for the money and wants a short career. Boxing doesn’t work like that. His mental is kinda shaky to me.
        Yeah he isn't near enough a devastating puncher to have that kind of a career. If he could knock top heavyweights out with one punch Tyson kind of power, maybe. But he doesn't appear any better than a decent HW fighter with some skill. He literally beat a bunch of atrocious comp easily and then Martin about stopped him. The hype seems a bit unwarranted so far.
        Last edited by Theshotyoudontsee; 08-23-2023, 09:01 PM.
        ISboxing James AmpMcv AmpMcv like this.

Comment

Bet your life on it then! Weak asS fan

Comment

Originally posted by hitmanjosh View Post
            Bet your life on it then! Weak asS fan
            Nonsensical drivel post.

Comment

Yeah he isn't near enough a devastating puncher to have that kind of a career. If he could knock top heavyweights out with one punch Tyson kind of power, maybe. But he doesn't appear any better than a decent HW fighter with some skill. He literally beat a bunch of atrocious comp easily and then Martin about stopped him. The hype seems a bit unwarranted so far.
              Yea I think it’s an attempt to pump up anyone in America at this point. Maybe he will ride to the occasion but I’d be willing to bet that his mentality towards boxing will severely impact his ceiling in the sport.

Comment

Unfortunately, Martin did expose some flaws in Anderson game. Offensively, Anderson has a lot to offer but defensively he's really shaky, which is made worse by his lack of height.

Anderson likes to pull back & implement a long guard but this defensive manover isn't as effective against taller fighters. Furthermore, Anderson doesn't get his head off the line before or after punching, which has caused him to get caught in-between punches.

Anderson is obviously a terrific athlete with talent but the fundamentals are important; he's still very raw defensively.
                SweetPbfAli SweetPbfAli likes this.

Comment

Yeah the Charles Martin fight showed he isn't where he probably thought he was saying he was ready for a top 5 guy and stuff before that fight but Martin who's probably a top 25-30 heavyweight and he exposed a few weakness in Anderson games which are defensive ones. Catching him with big punches because Anderson would pull back and not move his head so he gets caught Inbetween punches. Rudenko is a guy who's gonna come and survive and not really have much ambition to win the fight tho definitely not as live of an opponent as Martin was
                  ​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Punch on Tap View Post

I thought that initially but seeing how he dealt with getting hurt in the Martin fight showed me something. Hell, most fighters should likely have an exit strategy.

I still hate how he pulls back from punches without taking his feet with him. It will likely be his downfall.

Comment

Working...
                    X