No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Had Canelo Level Power, Says Shane Mosley

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mayweather Had Canelo Level Power, Says Shane Mosley

Once Floyd Mayweather pushed his record to 50-0, he brought down the curtains on his Hall of Fame career. Having retired several times in the past, Mayweather has always appeared ready to jump back into the sport whenever he wanted. Over the years, however, the now 46-year-old hasn't had the itch to return. But that doesn't mean former fighters aren't still talking about him.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Mayweather definitely had power. He just didn’t have fight ending power, especially after Mayweather’s hands were damaged and he fought more defensively.

But even then, you had to respect what he had.

Comment

The notion that Mayweather had no power was always silly. Man moved up thru 4 divisions and fighting bigger guys. Adding in that he had hand problems throughout the course of his career and primarily fought more defensively as he moved up. Of course he's not gonna stop the bigger guys the way he was doing the guys in the weight classes he actually belonged in. He had enough to keep dudes from just bum-rushing him and keeping them honest tho.

Comment

I believe it. both are drug cheats. And carnela is hyped up by his fangirls for stopping guys he's supposed to. Not exactly a killer

Comment

I'm not sure Mayweather's power is relevant.... if you cant hit him you cant beat him.
          Oregonian Oregonian likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Teetotaler69 View Post
            I believe it. both are drug cheats. And carnela is hyped up by his fangirls for stopping guys he's supposed to. Not exactly a killer
            ———
            Mosley and Canelo are both ATG! Floyd is arguably the greatest of all time, with an impeccable record.

Comment

Originally posted by Teetotaler69 View Post
              Dude, you are in so much pain, you should seek help...

Comment

Canelo obviously punches much harder but I can see why Mosley would think that way.

Against Canelo, he didnt really get hit flush but with Floyd, mosley pissed him off and forced him into kill mode.

Floyd turned offensive after getting rocked early and he totally dismantled Mosley, round after round, with hard flush shots.

Canelo never hurt Mosley from what I remember while Floyd landed numerous shots with mean intentions. It was one of those rare moments where Floyd just wanted to fight and Mosley still feels that sting.

Comment

Originally posted by Oregonian View Post
                  ———
                  Mosley and Canelo are both ATG! Floyd is arguably the greatest of all time, with an impeccable record.
                  You can argue that Floyd is the GOAT - but your argument will get shot down in flames. Impeccable record means nothing it's all about who you beat and where the opponent was in their career. Beating Mosley at til end of his career doesn't carry the same value as if you were to beat a prime mosley. Ditto Pac. Ditto Oscar.

Comment

Originally posted by Oregonian View Post
                    ———
                    Neither are ATG
                    and froid isn't the goat.

I love how you just ignored me pointing out a fact that froid used a 750Ml of IV and using usada as a drug agency that absolutely nobody uses

Comment

Working...
                    X