Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dennis McCann vs. Ionuta Baluta Fire-Fight Ends in Technical Draw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Dennis McCann vs. Ionuta Baluta Fire-Fight Ends in Technical Draw

York Hall, London - For the vacant WBO Inter-Continental super bantamweight title, Dennis McCann (14-0-1, 8 KOs) and Ionut Baluta (16-4-1, 3 KOs) fought to a fire-fight nine round technical draw.
    [Click Here To Read More]

*sits shaking his head*

McCann got exposed big time.
    rudy rudy likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      *sits shaking his head*

McCann got exposed big time.
      I wouldn’t say he was exposed big time. It was a 50/50 fight and Baluta was always going to be a big test. I had money on Baluta.

The bad cut meant McCann couldn’t see properly with a face full of blood but it was a very even fight before then. I’ll look forward to the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Casual Riot View Post

I wouldn’t say he was exposed big time. It was a 50/50 fight and Baluta was always going to be a big test. I had money on Baluta.

The bad cut meant McCann couldn’t see properly with a face full of blood but it was a very even fight before then. I’ll look forward to the rematch.

I wouldn't call a fight where the underdogs 7/2 in a 10 rounder and opened a lot wider as a 50/50 fight. Though there was certainly a few in the know that bet late. McCann was expected too win convincingly and even make a big statement and get the stoppage.

This guy was being touted to win world titles and really being given a huge push and just had serious fortune in his first step up against a journeyman who couldn't crack an egg.
        He has been exposed & was very fortunate to come away without a loss, the whole feather-fisted southpaw, hands by the waist style with an extremely wide stance only works at a certain level and always has. It didn't fair well for Michael Conlan who was a lot more talented and I don't see it working out well for McCann either. The hype far outweighs the talent and ability.
        You're not getting away with that style when you don't have elite reflexes and power.

It was competitive though I had Baluta winning (and won his rounds far more convincingly not that it matters) and that was only ever going one way. A very lucky escape.
        rudy rudy likes this.

Comment

For me its the Promoters who are constantly force feeding fans Irish fighters who frankly are not very good but they know the Irish will get right behind them so they get a massive push compared to other fighters.

With Katie Taylor on the way out, they are really looking for the next Irish superstar and the talent just isn't there at the moment.

They really gave Conlan a huge push when there are far more deserving and better fighters out there. That other chap whose name escapes me, those two brothers the McKennas, even a few journeymen types that TR likes to pedal out and shockingly put in world title fights.

I get its a business and an open market but for me its unfair they keep getting a big push like they do. The hype far exceeds the talent and ability.
          Last edited by dan_cov; 08-18-2023, 10:05 PM.
          rudy rudy likes this.

Comment

Jason Quigley - How does he keep getting big fights?
            Dennis Hogan - Again how does this guy keep getting big fights and title shots like all the time? I don't understand why this guy gets rewarded more for losing than better fighters do winning!

It needs to stop. Its terrible for the sport.

Comment

Baluta is a solid gatekeeper type fighter at super bantamweight so if you're not ready he's gonna give you a hard nights work and that's what he gave McCann. Don't think he was ready for that level of step up. Liam Davis showed he was ready for it and he beat baluta pretty comfortably but he's a more talented fighter than McCann imo it's why when people were saying Davis & McCann should fight I thought Davis would probably beat him and stop him. Just not ready for that kinda level yet
              rudy rudy likes this.

Comment

Baluta really just kicks the asses of these bums purely on gamesmanship. Guy is just super game.
                rudy rudy likes this.

Comment

I wouldn't call a fight where the underdogs 7/2 in a 10 rounder and opened a lot wider as a 50/50 fight. Though there was certainly a few in the know that bet late. McCann was expected too win convincingly and even make a big statement and get the stoppage.

This guy was being touted to win world titles and really being given a huge push and just had serious fortune in his first step up against a journeyman who couldn't crack an egg.
                  He has been exposed & was very fortunate to come away without a loss, the whole feather-fisted southpaw, hands by the waist style with an extremely wide stance only works at a certain level and always has. It didn't fair well for Michael Conlan who was a lot more talented and I don't see it working out well for McCann either. The hype far outweighs the talent and ability.
                  You're not getting away with that style when you don't have elite reflexes and power.

It was competitive though I had Baluta winning (and won his rounds far more convincingly not that it matters) and that was only ever going one way. A very lucky escape.
                  I get your point but no way is Baluta a journeyman, he’s European level and will give anyone around that level a good fight.

The bookies had it totally wrong for me in their odds for the fight, I couldn’t believe Baluta was 4/1.

Comment

For me its the Promoters who are constantly force feeding fans Irish fighters who frankly are not very good but they know the Irish will get right behind them so they get a massive push compared to other fighters.

With Katie Taylor on the way out, they are really looking for the next Irish superstar and the talent just isn't there at the moment.

They really gave Conlan a huge push when there are far more deserving and better fighters out there. That other chap whose name escapes me, those two brothers the McKennas, even a few journeymen types that TR likes to pedal out and shockingly put in world title fights.

I get its a business and an open market but for me its unfair they keep getting a big push like they do. The hype far exceeds the talent and ability.
                    McCann is from Maidstone in Kent

Comment

Working...
                    X