Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Robert Helenius Intends To Continue Career, Not Ready To Retire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Robert Helenius Intends To Continue Career, Not Ready To Retire

Robert Helenius told YLE in Finland late last night that he would think about the future but wasn't ready to hang up the gloves just yet. Helenius also admitted he tired a bit in the later rounds against Anthony Joshua - and added that with more time for preparations the outcome could have been different - which is a valid point. Stepping into a major twelve round fight on seven days notice is a gamble - and one that in this case backfired, as Helenius was knocked out in the seventh round.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Helenius is a good guy. No one gets splattered like him, unique.

Comment

I think he should box on if he wants to, although he's not top level. His punch resistance is pretty much gone. But yeah, he doesn't have to listen to us non pro boxers.

Rest in heaven Paddy Byrne, God bless his soul.

Comment

Helenius is an entertaining fighter. Massive fellow with some skills and good power. Not the fastest, gasses in the later rounds or when forced to fight at a fast pace and less than stellar chin. His strengths and weaknesses always provide good theatre of the unexpected.

If they put him in against fellow contenders or rising prospects, I wouldn't be surprised to see him pull a few upsets.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
          Helenius is an entertaining fighter. Massive fellow with some skills and good power. Not the fastest, gasses in the later rounds or when forced to fight at a fast pace and less than stellar chin. His strengths and weaknesses always provide good theatre of the unexpected.

If they put him in against fellow contenders or rising prospects, I wouldn't be surprised to see him pull a few upsets.
          Are you talking about this guy?

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post

Are you talking about this guy?

Ha! I guess you could make that comp although I'd argue Helenius a little more skilled than Pricey. I remember when they tried to serve Price up to David Allen and that went bad.
            Knuckle sandwich Knuckle sandwich likes this.

Comment

Please. Helenius is an absolute stiff and a dead tree waiting to fall against any reputable fighter. But he'd make a fabulous "Russian Gangster" and if I were him, I'd give it up for Hollywood or another film production company in Europe. With those "tats," beard and gnarly look - - he'd be a natural. I'm serious - - just look at this guy and tell me you haven't seen his like in a ga-zillion movies. But he's much bigger and would excel at an acting career. All he has to do is stand around, look tough, grimace some, say nothing and then fall down. Just like his boxing career.
              Knuckle sandwich Knuckle sandwich likes this.

Comment

I’m sure there are plenty of fights for him still. Prospects or fights with guys like Pulev or Charles Martin. Heck get him rematches with Washington & Chisora.

Comment

Working...
                X