Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Johnny Fisher Tested, Blasts Out Harry Armstrong in Seventh Round

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Johnny Fisher Tested, Blasts Out Harry Armstrong in Seventh Round

JOHNNY FISHER blasted his way to his first professional title by seeing off 'Dirty' Harry Armstrong after a seven-round slugfest at the o2 Arena.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I don’t want to diminish the guy’s achievement, but is winning England’s southern division title comparable to California’s Barstow regional title?

Comment

Originally posted by TopekaSam View Post
      I don’t want to diminish the guy’s achievement, but is winning England’s southern division title comparable to California’s Barstow regional title?
      The Southern Area belt is a legitimate belt, it’s a step on the ladder for prospects towards the English, and then British titles. Southern Area title fights are often really good to watch, competitive and both guys give everything they have.
      Mick Higgs Mick Higgs likes this.

Comment

I’d like to see Fisher defend his belt against Franklin Ignatius next
        adotd adotd likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by TopekaSam View Post
          Its low level but a real fight for real rounds , Fisher is a white collar no amateur experience guy who may not have a high ceiling may just get to fringe European level if that but to put it into perspective decorated amateur Wilder was no where near this level in 10 fights if you go look at boxrec bronze medalist Wilder was fighting 6 rounders against none rated boxers these guys would kill in a round so Fisher can take some credit for having surpassed the bronze bomber so easily with no amateur experience.

Comment

Hmm. Fisher should not have struggled with Armstrong. I hope they get back in the gym ASAP.

Comment

Fischer didn't bend his knees the entire fight. Still, he looked like he could beat Chisora, Washington, Helenius, Hyrgvlk and Dempsey.

Comment

Originally posted by Casual Riot View Post
                I’d like to see Fisher defend his belt against Franklin Ignatius next
                Good call, either Frank or Jeamie TKV. I'm sure it sells out the York Hall!
                Casual Riot Casual Riot likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Casual Riot View Post

The Southern Area belt is a legitimate belt, it’s a step on the ladder for prospects towards the English, and then British titles. Southern Area title fights are often really good to watch, competitive and both guys give everything they have.
                  Yep, usually they are super good fights and show heart.
                  Casual Riot Casual Riot likes this.

Comment

Working...
                  X