Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Emanuel Navarrete, Oscar Valdez - Ready For War in Glendale

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Emanuel Navarrete, Oscar Valdez - Ready For War in Glendale

Navarrete, Valdez Weights Photos Gallery - In the main event, three-division world champion Emanuel "Vaquero" Navarrete will defend his WBO junior lightweight world title against former two-division world champion Oscar Valdez. (photos by Mikey Williams)
    [Click Here To Read More]

Kind of amazing how Navarate maintains having zero muscle definition.

Comment

Originally posted by JT$615 View Post
      Julio Cesar Chavez didn't have definiton as well and look how great he was. Muscle slows you down and make you heavier. All his strenght is boxing related, not weigt lifting or body parts not needed in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post

Julio Cesar Chavez didn't have definiton as well and look how great he was. Muscle slows you down and make you heavier. All his strenght is boxing related, not weigt lifting or body parts not needed in boxing.
        Muscle doesn’t slow you down. That’s a 1950s mythology. Mike Tyson was full of muscles and was one of the fastest heavyweights of his time. Pacquiao even had obliques muscles and huge calf muscles and was lighting fast. Andre Berto was known for his explosive speed and that guy looked like a mini bodybuilder. All body parts are needed in boxing

Comment

Originally posted by JT$615 View Post
          He’s got what B-Hop referred to as “that fat gene”…was was teasing Tito about it in the run up to their fight.

Comment

Originally posted by MesicoFistology View Post

Muscle doesn’t slow you down. That’s a 1950s mythology. Mike Tyson was full of muscles and was one of the fastest heavyweights of his time. Pacquiao even had obliques muscles and huge calf muscles and was lighting fast. Andre Berto was known for his explosive speed and that guy looked like a mini bodybuilder. All body parts are needed in boxing
            For some reason bodybuilders seem real slow.
            I think he needs to activate his fast twitch muscles, like the ones used for sprinting.

Comment

Muscle doesn’t slow you down. That’s a 1950s mythology.

Muscle doesn't exactly slow you, but it makes you stiffer & reduces your agility. It also greatly reduces your stamina. All in all, IMO, it does more harm than good. If I was training a kid I'd warn him against doing too much weight-lifting.
              Pantera_ Pantera_ likes this.

Comment

I know these will lay all on the line. Navarrette with the Aztec calendar, you know Aztecs love blood.
                I like the Mexican mentality of leaving all out in ring. Man ****, not that pity pat making points crap.
                Last edited by boxingitis; 08-11-2023, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1Eriugenus View Post
                  Muscle doesn’t slow you down. That’s a 1950s mythology.

Muscle doesn't exactly slow you, but it makes you stiffer & reduces your agility. It also greatly reduces your stamina. All in all, IMO, it does more harm than good. If I was training a kid I'd warn him against doing too much weight-lifting.

I agree with this. Benavidez bulked up and added muscle for Plant and he didn't look nearly the same IMO.

Comment

Valdez and Navarrette have been pressured to make this fight as entertaining as possible. I don't think they'll disappoint

navarrete-valdez-2222.jpg

Comment

Working...
                    X