Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Emmanuel Rodriguez-Melvin Lopez: The Last Piece at Bantamweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Emmanuel Rodriguez-Melvin Lopez: The Last Piece at Bantamweight

by Cliff Rold - Naoya Inoue's arrival at junior featherweight is now in the books, leaving bantamweight fully in his rearview mirror. What is to be found in that mirror will complete its crystallization this Saturday night (Showtime, 9 PM EST/PST). In the main event from the MGM National Harbor just outside Washington, DC, 31-year old Emmanuel Rodriguez (21-2, 13 KO) of Puerto Rico will attempt to win his second major title when matched with Nicargua's 25-year old Melvin Lopez (29-1, 19 KO). Lopez has won eight in a row since a stoppage loss to Jose Velasquez.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I believe that Emmanuel Rodriguez has the boxing skills, and punching power take over the bantamweight division!
    He just has to maintain the aggressive fighting style that he's exhibited in his last few fight's.
    He can't rely mainly on his boxing ability to earn him the win against his opponents, because the judges cost him the Gaballo fight.
    I'm looking forward to an outstanding fight between Rodriguez, and Lopez on Saturday, the under card has even matched fighters as well.

Comment

Rodriguez got robbed in the Gaballo fight. Too bad that it set him back so much.

Comment

WAR Rodriguez !!!!
        Boricua181 Boricua181 likes this.

Comment

Takuma Inoue is going to defend against Jerwin Ancajas for the WBA strap, should be a good fight. Ancajas is now trying to steer away from IBF, as he is a big guy and in his last fight came in almost at 140lbs, no IBF rehydration restrictions.

Astrolabio is fighting for a WBC title eliminator against Kaikanha from Thailand on Aug 26, so the winner should be facing WBC champ Santiago.

Gaballo is still there waiting in the wings, he might try for the WBO belt.
          Hitmon Hitmon likes this.

Comment

thats the best picture they could find of this guy? it looks like a meth head mug shot

Comment

Originally posted by elfag View Post
              thats the best picture they could find of this guy? it looks like a meth head mug shot
              Yea, dude looks like he’s been tweaking pretty hard in that pic!

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
                Rodriguez got robbed in the Gaballo fight. Too bad that it set him back so much.
                If Rodriguez, and Gaballo ever do fight again, I'm positive that Rodriguez will be looking to knock Gaballo completely out of his senses.
                Remembering what happened in their first fight will give Rodriguez all of the incentive necessary to take the judges completely out of the equation.
                Last edited by Boricua181; 08-10-2023, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boricua181 View Post

If they Rodriguez, and Gaballo ever do fight again, I'm positive that Rodriguez will be looking to knock Gaballo completely out of his senses.
                  Remembering what happened in their first fight will give Rodriguez all of the incentive necessary to take the judges completely out of the equation.
                  That fight was so easy to score. Rodriguez was very technical landing and avoiding, Gaballo looked strong but crude, swinging and missing big.

I almost fell out of my chair when they read the scores and then said who won. One card red 118-110 Gaballo.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Mouzone View Post
                    WAR Rodriguez !!!!
                    Exactly! Two time champion!!

Comment

Working...
                    X