Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: McKean: Who Has Hrgovic Decisively Beaten? Zhang and That Was Controversial

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: McKean: Who Has Hrgovic Decisively Beaten? Zhang and That Was Controversial

Heavyweight contender Demsey McKean (22-0, 14 KOs) feels confident that he will upset the odds when he collides with IBF mandatory challenger Filip Hrgovic (15-0, 12 KOs) on Saturday night at the O2 Arena in London.
    [Click Here To Read More]

err...who the **** has Dempsey McKean beat? I'd never even heard of him before this week. I do agree with his sentiment that Hrgovic is ludicrously overrated though. He was very poor against Zhang, someone who, if the hype were real he should have blasted out in short order.

Comment

I saw McKean's last fight when it happened. I never heard of him before that. I never heard of the guy he fought. And from what I saw, contrary to what McKean said in this article, he does NOT move his head.

Comment

Bullchit fight as ordered by the IBF
        Herg will keep on truckin’

Comment

Hrgovic by 7th round stoppage I think . Demsey is decent but timing beats speed and he’s not fully developed yet to win this one if ever ? After the Zhang fight this should feel like a night off he’ll be better prepared . It’ll be a shoot out fir maybe the first few rounds then I expect Demsey to start getting sloppy and trying to tie up but Hrgovic will be to physical .
          Last edited by juggernaut666; 08-09-2023, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Controversial?

Uh oh. McKean must be a boxing ****** who doesn’t understand clean punches and ring generalship, eh Juggernaut666?

Comment

Originally posted by sege64 View Post
              err...who the **** has Dempsey McKean beat? I'd never even heard of him before this week. I do agree with his sentiment that Hrgovic is ludicrously overrated though. He was very poor against Zhang, someone who, if the hype were real he should have blasted out in short order.
              Boxrec says he beat Jonathan Rice by TKO but that's the only name I recognize. At best Demsey is probably a fringe contender, this is a step back from Hrgovic. Honestly Hrgovic and Wallin should fight, the winner moves onto bigger fish to fry, but they won't.

Comment

I'd never heard of McKean until Fury started talking about fighting him as an alternative to Usyk, which was good for a quick laugh. He's a big lad and seems tough enough, so shouldn't be a walk in the park for Hrgovic.

Comment

I know McKean since I use to look for unbeaten hw boxers on boxrec, but I only saw one of his bouts. He's big and seems a decent puncher. Not good defensively but Hrgovich is not a champ and he showed that vs Zhang.

Comment

Hrgovic’s win over Zhang looks better in hindsight since Zhang’s stoppage of Joyce, especially if that was an off night for Hrgovic as he suggests.

Comment

Working...
                    X