Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Barry Hearn on Influencer Boxing: I Don't Blame Them For Doing It, I Blame Us For Watching It

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Barry Hearn on Influencer Boxing: I Don't Blame Them For Doing It, I Blame Us For Watching It

Veteran promoter Barry Hearn is holding his nose at the growing trend of influencer boxing. Hearn, who runs Matchroom with son Eddie Hearn, has no interest in watching it but he understands that a younger audience is drawn to the events.
    [Click Here To Read More]

You tubers fighting washed out mma guys is pretty meh.

But celebrity boxing might be fun to watch...

I'd like to see Tom Cruise vs Brad Pitt or Ryan Reynolds vs Ryan Gosling for starters.

Comment

Barry is totally right

Comment

I don’t know anyone who likes boxing wants to watch crap boxers like Jake and Nate.

It’s not real boxing fans who watch this.

Comment

Originally posted by tonysoprano View Post
          I don’t know anyone who likes boxing wants to watch crap boxers like Jake and Nate.

It’s not real boxing fans who watch this.
          It detracts from the sport of boxing, to put it mildly. It is a cheap way to make a good fast buck off the backs of legit fighters. This Hearn guy wants to have it both ways in his reply talks of it being a joke but defends his right to make money off it. I dont put the blame on those that watch it those are the ones who dont know any better. I do blame the powers that be in boxing for putting it out there, making money off of something they know is trash, Those that promote trash fights and personalities for no motive other then to make a quick buck. Promo guys who in one way or another bring the circus to town and then act like boxing is such a pure sport that must be respected. Can not have it both ways Hearn....

Comment

Doesn’t his son have something to do with this chit ?
            Maybe he should clean up his own backyard before coming out publicly like he just has
            tonysoprano tonysoprano likes this.

Comment

Yeah I also blame the people who watch it. I also blame them for making these people celebries in the first place. I don't get why anybody watches these YouTubers etc.

Comment

He's right. No matter what kind of BS product is on the market, they'll keep putting it out there if people buy/watch. That's true in any industry.

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
                  Doesn’t his son have something to do with this chit ?
                  Maybe he should clean up his own backyard before coming out publicly like he just has
                  Barry Hearn gave up the business. He doesn't have to agree with his son.

Jake Paul is a scammer. A below-average boxer who fights people from a different sport who are from a lower weight division. Every fight he has had - has a pretty much guaranteed outcome. At least influencer vs influencer fights are fairer.

I think influencer boxing is something people would have watched whatever time period. Take 2 popular people with a fan base from any era and people would have watched it. Imagine Frank Sinatra Vs someone famous he had a beef with back in the day. Or even 2 singers from popular bands having a fight

Also boxing itself has become such a clown show, it's hard to criticize when you have 6 world champions for every division. This is a sport where it takes years for the best fighters to fight the best fighters. Boxing isn't even a real sport. In no real sport do the players get to pick who they play against. Just the fact we have undefeated fighters shows you it's all orchestrated. Name an amateur boxer who was undefeated?

Comment

At the end of the day, either watch it or don’t. Just know there is a difference.

Comment

Working...
                    X