Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford: "Spence Didn't Hit As Hard As Everyone Said He Did"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Crawford: "Spence Didn't Hit As Hard As Everyone Said He Did"

Terence Crawford didn't simply make it to the top of virtually everyone's pound-for-pound list by using just his physical traits alone. Of course, the speed, quickness, timing, and his overall boxing ability matters but it's what's in between Crawford's ears that's seemingly his best weapon.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Was it a weight issue, was it the long lay off, or was it that Crawford is just that strong?

We would never know, but for sure Crawford is the more skilled and faster boxer.

Only way to know is rematch 154 so their is no excuse about the weight issue.
    Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

I asked u dipsh.ts this question b4 the fight: I said what makes everyone think Errol is the puncher and that he's stronger, and that Bud will fight him by backpedalling and using a lot of movement? If any of u co.ksuckers remembers me asking u that b4 the fight, take ur thumb and ur index finger, put a capitol L on your forehead, or up in the air for me right now
      Last edited by archiemoore1; 08-06-2023, 11:52 AM.
      Don2021 Don2021 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
        Was it a weight issue, was it the long lay off, or was it that Crawford is just that strong?

We would never know, but for sure Crawford is the more skilled and faster boxer.

Only way to know is rematch 154 so their is no excuse about the weight issue.
        Yeah that's see them fight at 154, there still enough intrigue for both to make good money
        Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Mean Machine is very heavy handed, I have to image that was probably the hardest Bud got hit at welterweight.

​​​​​​

Comment

He didn't hit as hard because he didn't have the chance to. Crawford evaded every full contact punch. To his credit he out skilled Spence. The Spence fighting Garcia and Porter would have had Crawford for dinner. Spence had too many miles on the clock fighting the best in the Welterweight division (the Thurman's, the Garcia's and the Porters). Crawford swooped in at the right time. I'm not knocking Crawford - he's a great fighter but he will be forever known as the guy who avoided the best in his weight division when it mattered.

His best win was definitely Brook and that's it. Porter already said bed retire win, lose or draw and because of that he wasn't even on the right mind set. He beat Spence through and through but it will be tainted because of when the fight happened. Sorry - that's it. I love Crawford but let's be real, outside of Brook be never fought a live one at the peak of the division. He waited.

Comment

spence couldn't even hurt Mikey Garcia

credit to Mikey
              CodeBreaker CodeBreaker likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by MeiXiang View Post
                He didn't hit as hard because he didn't have the chance to. Crawford evaded every full contact punch. To his credit he out skilled Spence. The Spence fighting Garcia and Porter would have had Crawford for dinner. Spence had too many miles on the clock fighting the best in the Welterweight division (the Thurman's, the Garcia's and the Porters). Crawford swooped in at the right time. I'm not knocking Crawford - he's a great fighter but he will be forever known as the guy who avoided the best in his weight division when it mattered.

His best win was definitely Brook and that's it. Porter already said bed retire win, lose or draw and because of that he wasn't even on the right mind set. He beat Spence through and through but it will be tainted because of when the fight happened. Sorry - that's it. I love Crawford but let's be real, outside of Brook be never fought a live one at the peak of the division. He waited.
                Pretty horrible take there.

Comment

Crawford didn't feel Spence's power because 'The real Spence wasn't in the ring: Spence
                  showed unsteady legs in the beginning of the 2nd round and unable to withstand punishment
                  later that same round.

Spence a volume combination fighter barely showed any offensive. Spence knew before the fight
                  started to conserve energy, try to limit the punishment and use the rematch clause as his savior.

During fight week, When Spence was asked if rematch would be at 147? Spence immediately replied
                  no must be at 154. I wouldn't be surprised if it's later disclosed Spence almost killed himself
                  making 147. Spence at 147 was defeated physically before entering the ring and mentally defeated
                  within the first 2 rounds.

Big business, money changing hands in the blink of an eye. Spence just bit down and at nights end
                  refused to make excuses or enter any detailed conversions.The lawsuits will start flying by all parties
                  involved if Spence physically was in no condition to perform at the highest level expected.

Similarly to Manny disclosing shoulder injury after losing Floyd Mayweather Jr fight and a few other
                  events..
                  Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

Spence: i was drunk that night!

Comment

Working...
                    X