Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Antonio Tarver Rips Derrick James For Spence's Performance Against Crawford

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Antonio Tarver Rips Derrick James For Spence's Performance Against Crawford

On paper, it was hyped as the fight of the century, a clash between two pound-for-pound stars, and about as 50/50 a matchup as you could ever find. In the ring, however, there was nothing competitive about Terence Crawford vs. Errol Spence Jr.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Tarver looking for a job. But styles do make fights and Errol is a guy who never moves his head off the line and he can't box going backwards so as we saw against Crawford there big issues. But I think they thought they'd Errol would be the physically stronger man so after bud pushed him off him in the second round before the knockdown the writing was pretty much on the wall then

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing2695 View Post
      Tarver looking for a job. But styles do make fights and Errol is a guy who never moves his head off the line and he can't box going backwards so as we saw against Crawford there big issues. But I think they thought they'd Errol would be the physically stronger man so after bud pushed him off him in the second round before the knockdown the writing was pretty much on the wall then
      Big mistake, Crawford is just as big and even stronger. Indeed, Errol style is easy for Crawford.
      charliepaerker charliepaerker likes this.

Comment

Tarver is only qualified to give advice on how to royally **** up your life and career.

Whatever else advice Antonio is giving…. do the opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
          Tarver is only qualified to give advice on how to royally **** up your life and career.

A bit harsh there, Paul.

The man that stopped Superman has some validity I would say.

Comment

Bud has a wrestling background, so it was very amusing to hear some pundits claim that Spence was bigger and stronger. Examining this fight objectively, I saw no path to victory for Spence. This was never a 50/50 fight. Even in 2018, this was no 50/50 fight. The gap in skills and ring IQ is too immense.
            Last edited by BlackRobb; 08-05-2023, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Well, the worst I've ever seen Spence look, but then again, was up against the best opponent he ever fought, who's on a different level.

I'd say though, from round one, Spence never looked like an elite fighter, like a unified world champion. I criticise James for dissing Bomac over his weight before the fight, that was below the belt.

You don't have to tell the man the obvious and personally insult him. He may have other reasons why he's that weight

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
                Well, the worst I've ever seen Spence look, but then again, was up against the best opponent he ever fought, who's on a different level.

I'd say though, from round one, Spence never looked like an elite fighter, like a unified world champion. I criticise James for dissing Bomac over his weight before the fight, that was below the belt.

You don't have to tell the man the obvious and personally insult him. He may have other reasons why he's that weight
                He just enjoys eating end of story. He is surrounded by athletes that have to be disciplined about food. Thankfully they accept the way he eats and looks. Bomac has a big mouth and is fat,That’s the first thing I would respond to him about . Bomac doesn’t wear belts so there is no insult below the belt in his case. He was partly the reason why I’ve been hating on Crawford all these years

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post

How so? His career went very well for him. Became champ, had some iconic wins. His only lowlight is the loss against Bernard Hopkins. He went out of the game without a KO loss which is very rare on that level. I don't know or care about his personal life.

Comment

I see Tarver's point and he knows boxing and knows what he's talking about. However, Errol has gone all the way thru the Olympics to the pros to world titles, etc. If he doesn't know how to block a.damn jab, if he can't transition from offense to defense, that's his own fault as a pro. He should know what he has to do by now in that ring. The problem is, when Errol was preparing to block a certain shot because it looked like Bud was about to throw one thing, Bud would throw something else. Bud is not predictable and he doesn't telegraph. Its easy to say block his jab, but when Bud is in front of you for real with his movement, his feints, his IQ, and his ability to change things up sometimes in mid-punch, it's easier said than done. It's like when Tarver fought Bernard, he was getting hit a lot due to the craftiness of Hopkins. It wasn't his trainer's fault, because Tarver already knew how to box at that point. It was just the sh.t Hopkins was doing and his overall IQ and timing in there was superior on that particular night. Errol was going to get punished against Bud, no matter what he did in training, because he abused his organs for years with that Goddamned Henny.and because he had brain damage from that accident and Bud was just the right man to bring that damage to the surface. Danny and Ugas couldn't because they were slow. Bud is sharp and fresh. His body and conditioning is like he's still in his 20's. He didn't even have to step on the gas. He saw everything coming his way and his shots were doing damage to Errol's face almost immediately like we never seen b4. Bud hits a lot harder than ppl realize. When u drink liquor and party for years, and another guy lives the life of a boxer, goes to bed early, gets up early, trains hard, never drinks or smokes, when you two meet, he's supposed to kick ur ass, thats just how that goes. Louis vs. Schmeling I, Louis went back to his corner and asked Blackburn, what am I doing wrong, and Blackburn said, "you already done it", meaning fu.king all those women, playing too much golf, too much night life, etc, and now it was just time to take the asswhipping in front of you and learn from it.
                    Last edited by archiemoore1; 08-05-2023, 06:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X