Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alycia Baumgardner-Hyun Mi Choi: WBA Reorders Junior Lightweight Championship Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Alycia Baumgardner-Hyun Mi Choi: WBA Reorders Junior Lightweight Championship Fight

Alycia Baumgardner is back at the negotiating table with the fighter whose title she claimed earlier this year. BoxingScene.com has confirmed that the WBA has ordered a mandatory title fight between Baumgardner--the division's undisputed champion--and Hyun Mi Choi. The previously ordered fight last fall ended with Choi filing a medical exemption, for which she was downgraded to 'Champion in Recess.'
    [Click Here To Read More]

What about Delfine Persoon?
    She's the the mandatory for all the other belts?
    She better be next after Choi's demolitions.
    She's earned it the hard way.

Comment

I think Baumgartner has stated that she'd go to Korea to fight Choi because the American's grandmother lives in/near Seoul. And the promotion will loosely be North vs South as Choi is a defector from Pyongyang. Choi has decent pop but so does Baumgartner. And the latter is faster. This could be a longish battle that takes a lot out of both women.

Yes, I'd also like to see Persoon get another crack at a belt.

Comment

Sounds about right

Comment

Originally posted by Poeticman7 View Post
          What about Delfine Persoon?
          She's the the mandatory for all the other belts?
          She better be next after Choi's demolitions.
          She's earned it the hard way.
          Choi is champion I'm recess I believe, so she has to get her chance to win the belt back.

Comment

Originally posted by THC View Post
            I think Baumgartner has stated that she'd go to Korea to fight Choi because the American's grandmother lives in/near Seoul. And the promotion will loosely be North vs South as Choi is a defector from Pyongyang. Choi has decent pop but so does Baumgartner. And the latter is faster. This could be a longish battle that takes a lot out of both women.

Yes, I'd also like to see Persoon get another crack at a belt.
            Choi has decent pop? 5 KO's in 21 wins. I'm not sure about that part.

Shes a good boxer though! She's been fighting in world title fights since she was 18, she's 32 now. She's been having world title fights since before a lot of these women boxers ever put on some gloves and she's undefeated. Not to be overlooked, she could box the head off a lot of them. That's why Terri Harper faked injury, pulled out of their unification and never remade the fight. Instead she chose Baumgardner and got smashed anyway.
            Last edited by deathofaclown; 08-05-2023, 06:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
              Choi has decent pop? 5 KO's in 21 wins. I'm not sure about that part.
              I agree, not a good KO ratio. I made my comment based on videos of her fights.

Comment

This is a good fight. Let’s find out how good Choi really is.

Comment

Working...
                X