Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Callum Johnson Coming Out of Retirement For Cruiserweight Run

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Callum Johnson Coming Out of Retirement For Cruiserweight Run

Callum Johnson (20-1, 14 KOs), 37-years-old, is coming out of retirement for one final run. And this time around, Johnson will attempt to find success in the cruiserweight division. Johnson has been out of the ring since October of 2021, when he picked up a ten round majority decision win over Server Emurlaev.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good to see Callum Johnson making a come back, he’s a fun fighter to watch and he comes across as a decent person too.

Comment

Hopefully Johnson can get better managed and/or promoted. Warren deliberately kept him away from Yarde imo.

Comment

Wasn't Johnson struggling with mental health issues last November or so? He must have found a miracle cure.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
          Wasn't Johnson struggling with mental health issues last November or so? He must have found a miracle cure.
          Well, he says he got bored and this cruiserweight thing might be the cure.

Comment

this will not end well, he got a gift in his last fight against that random Kazakh guy, where he got rocked badly multiple times, he's going to get sparked out against anyone half decent at CW.

Comment

When he retired Callum was incredibly critical of himself & said he didn't have the discipline or dedication to fulfil his dreams. Has his ability to dedicate himself & train changed? He was appallingly mismanaged. He fought once every 2 years. I understand that he wasn't with a big promoter but I never understood why he didn't search for 'stay busy' fights on undercards &, if necessary, go to Europe & the States for fights. Inactivity really destroyed Callum's career. Can anything change? I hope so because he comes over as a decent guy & he definitely had some ability.

Comment

Working...
              X