Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jake Paul-Nate Diaz To Land As Second-Best Selling Combat Sports Event At American Airlines Center

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jake Paul-Nate Diaz To Land As Second-Best Selling Combat Sports Event At American Airlines Center

Jake Paul and Nate Diaz are set to do big business by the time they enter the ring. Their upcoming ten-round bout will headline a DAZN/ESPN+/PPV.com Pay-Per-View event this Saturday from American Airlines Center (AAC) in Dallas, Texas. The show is guaranteed to produce the largest live gate for any boxing event at the venue and its second-best for any combat sports event.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 08-03-2023, 09:33 AM.

So many boxers work all their life to get to the numbers that Jake Paul has gotten way sooner and many of them don't even get there at all. Although I don't consider him remotely close to the league of 99% of boxers, the lesson here is that success is not always a straight line. Another example is exhibition fights which end up providing a good source of revenue for boxers without having to compromise their health in the process.

Comment

I would think the gate would exceed 5 mil. I mean none from me but with all the media coverage that seems low right?

Comment

"global icon Nate Diaz"

wut

Comment

Originally posted by juanpablo View Post
          So many boxers work all their life to get to the numbers that Jake Paul has gotten way sooner and many of them don't even get there at all. Although I don't consider him remotely close to the league of 99% of boxers, the lesson here is that success is not always a straight line. Another example is exhibition fights which end up providing a good source of revenue for boxers without having to compromise their health in the process.
          I thought the same thing, but the difference is Jake worked up his popularity elsewhere first. Thus why he can be considered in the categories of Youtube boxing or "celebrity" boxing. He was well known or established prior to stepping in the ring. Otherwise, I agree with this.

I think my only negative take on it is that, the general public who watch or casuals, think that they're watching high level boxing or being shown what boxing is truly all about by just watching these type bouts. They're so far from the truth.

It's somewhat a double edged sword. You bring more eyes to the sport, but you're bringing eyes who only care about celebrities/youtubers that they already know to get excited for the bout. On the other hand, the boxers with more skill and haven't had the limelight to shine are being ignored by that same public until they've had like 30 or 40 fights against enough well known other boxers to put their name out there.
          juanpablo juanpablo likes this.

Comment

Guys like Otto Wallin who can’t get fights shoe try to sign with his promotion. He could probably get him more exposure than Salita ever could…
            Fact Fact likes this.

Comment

Working...
            X