Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Isaac Cruz Shakes Head at Split Decision: I Don't Know What The Judges Thought They Saw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Isaac Cruz Shakes Head at Split Decision: I Don't Know What The Judges Thought They Saw

T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas - In a lightweight clash, Isaac Cruz (25-2-1, 17 KOs) secured a twelve round split decision over previously unbeaten Giovanni Cabrera (21-1, 7 KOs).
    [Click Here To Read More]

lol. another hype job. had close fight with hype job gervant, pbc fan boys started thinking it had to be because Cruz was real good. but really ain't any of them that good. pbc gonna have to cross promote and start doing something different. their fighters just aren't very good in comparison to other promotions like top rank. and they could be. but like boots, they fight low level guys until cash out time. poor spence looked like he learned that last night from the 2nd round on...
    LAchargers373 LAchargers373 likes this.

Comment

The judge that had Cabrera winning, should be banned! That said, that performance did not make me want to see Tank vs. Pitbull. Tank vs. Shakur, Tank vs. Haney, Tank vs. Teofimo @ 140! The usual suspects!
      club fighter club fighter likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Poopdick View Post
        lol. another hype job. had close fight with hype job gervant, pbc fan boys started thinking it had to be because Cruz was real good. but really ain't any of them that good. pbc gonna have to cross promote and start doing something different. their fighters just aren't very good in comparison to other promotions like top rank. and they could be. but like boots, they fight low level guys until cash out time. poor spence looked like he learned that last night from the 2nd round on...
        Bro, Cruz dominated 9 rounds clearly and was a easy night for him
        Cabrera looked scared and in survival mode.

Cruz is 25 years old and gervonta is an amazing K.I artista and cruz defense was on point that night, with 2 weeks to train.

Comment

Those cards were garbage.

You can be disapointed that cruz didnt get the KO or even a knockdown but he was tagging cabrera all night and easily easily won atleast 8-9 rounds on clean effective punching criteria. those score cards were atrocious.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post

Cruz is 25 years old and gervonta is an amazing K.I artista and cruz defense was on point that night, with 2 weeks to train.
            I stand by my statement. and it'll eventually show. just deferring opinions. I am ok with that

Comment

I don’t want to see Tank rematch him any more. That was a bland, boring performance.
              LAchargers373 LAchargers373 likes this.

Comment

This was an example of two major flaws in judging that we see all the time:

1) Regression to the mean- judges have a tendency to, and are safest when, they score the fight as close to possible. Having a wide scorecard is risky for a judge, because it lends to standing out and being really wrong. The natural tendency is for judges to keep their cards balanced so they don't run the risk of standing out for a wide card. This manifests itself with judges scoring any possible close round for a fighter who has been losing.

2) Scoring relative to Expectations- Often times we do this when a favorite doesn't win by as much as expected (but is still winning). This also shows when a fighter is less dominant as a fight goes on. Cruz was non stop in the first half of the fight, but he slowed a bit in the latter half. Though he was still winning most of those later rounds, he was doing so in less convincing fashion; this often leads judges to score them as being rounds he lost.
                Damn Wicked Damn Wicked likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post

Cabrera was on the front foot pushing back Cruz in the second half, u need to get Ur eyes checked , he was far from scared, Cruz does have good defence ok , he does not throw enough shots ,

Comment

Everyone I was watching with thought it was a draw I had Cruz inching it but as far as people on here saying “he dominated 8-9 rounds”? That didn’t happen lol. Dude just isn’t that good

Comment

Working...
                    X