Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Terence Crawford, Errol Spence Jr. Make Weight For Welterweight Title Unification Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Terence Crawford, Errol Spence Jr. Make Weight For Welterweight Title Unification Fight

LAS VEGAS - Errol Spence made the welterweight limit of 147 pounds for what he hopes is the last time late Friday morning at MGM Grand. Spence stepped on the Nevada State Athletic Commission's scale at exactly 147 pounds for his welterweight title unification showdown with Terence Crawford on Saturday night at nearby T-Mobile Arena. Crawford came in at 146.8 pounds for their 12-round Showtime Pay-Per-View main event.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Bud will KO/TKO Spence between the 8-12 rounds. I would not be surprised if he catches him early because Spence is very aggressive and leaves himself wide open to be hit on counters, which Bud specializes at. Bud will analyze Spence and feel him out in the first round, which Spence will probably win. After that, Bud will slowly figure out Spence and start hitting him cleanly. Eventually, Spence will walk into a shot that puts him down. Then, we will see if he really is The Truth based on how he responds.

Comment

The only strong unknown for me is Spence's inactivity. I don't know how long it'll take him to get rid of the ring rust but I really hope it doesn't take him like 5 rounds to get rid of it because it might be too late. Once Crawford gets in a rhythm is hard to get him out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by juanpablo View Post
        The only strong unknown for me is Spence's inactivity. I don't know how long it'll take him to get rid of the ring rust but I really hope it doesn't take him like 5 rounds to get rid of it because it might be too late. Once Crawford gets in a rhythm is hard to get him out of it.
        The only saving grace for the inactivity that Spence had is the all star sparing that he might have gotten.

Comment

The 1st thing Spence should have said after making weight is, Call me a N_ _ _a now! Then said your a_ _ out!

Comment

Originally posted by juanpablo View Post
            Thats true and great points. But also Crawford has ring rust. And the David Avanesyan fight maybe a sense of delusion. That fight was a sparring match rather then anything else so in truth Crawford has heavy ring rust.

Comment

No longer will boxer’s come into the weigh-ins looking drained as F. Everyone getting 36+ hours, weigh-ing in behind closed doors.

I’ll say though, I’d prefer it if they just removed the “ceremonial” weigh-in altogether then. It’s suddenly uninteresting.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                No longer will boxer’s come into the weigh-ins looking drained as F. Everyone getting 36+ hours, weigh-ing in behind closed doors.

I’ll say though, I’d prefer it if they just removed the “ceremonial” weigh-in altogether then. It’s suddenly uninteresting.
                Well said! More time, no one is drained but, it also opens the door to guys putting on 20 pounds by the time they walk into the ring.

Not a doctor but, 36h + to rehydrate is less risky than facing someone 15 pounds heavier than you fight night.
                charliepaerker charliepaerker likes this.

Comment

Super hyped for this. Im even hosting a viewing party for both this and the UFC at my place. May the best man WIN!

Comment

Originally posted by Bad_Guy View Post
                    Bud will KO/TKO Spence between the 8-12 rounds. I would not be surprised if he catches him early because Spence is very aggressive and leaves himself wide open to be hit on counters, which Bud specializes at. Bud will analyze Spence and feel him out in the first round, which Spence will probably win. After that, Bud will slowly figure out Spence and start hitting him cleanly. Eventually, Spence will walk into a shot that puts him down. Then, we will see if he really is The Truth based on how he responds.
                    Who couldn't he do that to Pistol and Benavidez?

Comment

Working...
                    X