Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Yoelvis Gomez Parts Ways With Joe Goossen, Returns To Ismael Salas' Boxing Stable

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Yoelvis Gomez Parts Ways With Joe Goossen, Returns To Ismael Salas' Boxing Stable

Yoelvis Gomez will reunite with his previous trainer. BoxingScene.com has confirmed that the Cuban junior middleweight has parted ways with Joe Goossen and will return to Ismael Salas' facility in Las Vegas. The move comes shortly after Gomez suffered a ten-round points loss to Marquis Taylor as part of a July 15 Showtime telecast, the one fight where he and Goossen worked together after joining a mass exodus from the Salas Boxing Academy last summer.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Looks like this kid has had some tough luck, but he’s young enough (25) to come back. Salas has quite the stable. He’s become the Jedi master to Cuban fighters. If anyone can help Gomez, it’s him.

Comment

Trainers can't help you if you just ok! No special effects, good luck though

Comment

He can punch, and his background is solid. Didn't see any motivation in his last fight, he looked lost, when he went after his opponent it was too little too late. No surprise here, I even wrote something about it.

Comment

"You don't necesarily train Yoelvis Gomez. You have to collaborate with him." ~ Joe Goosen.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOneAboveAll View Post
            "You don't necesarily train Yoelvis Gomez. You have to collaborate with him." ~ Joe Goosen.
            What did he mean?

Comment

Well he went up against one of the best boxers. He looked like a wind up powder keg that got wound up tight and let go in a straight line. Trouble is, Taylor didnt stand still for the explosion.
              Last edited by Wacked_Out; 07-26-2023, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post

What did he mean?
                Goosen said that about Ryan Garcia from what I remember

Comment

Originally posted by Wacked_Out View Post
                  Well he went up against one of the best boxers. He looked like a wind up powder keg that got wound up tight and let go in a straight line. Trouble is, Taylor didnt stand still for the explosion.
                  I seen him fight him again in two or three fights.

Comment

Originally posted by edpboxing View Post

Goosen said that about Ryan Garcia from what I remember
                    So that means he's a cry baby and an attention seeker? Because he was trained by Salas and no complaints. Actually I didn't like the change from Salas who speaks Yoelvis language, to Goosen.

Comment

Working...
                    X