Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lou DiBella Considers Teofimo Lopez-George Kambosos Rematch 'Inevitable At Some Point'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lou DiBella Considers Teofimo Lopez-George Kambosos Rematch 'Inevitable At Some Point'

By Keith Idec - Lou DiBella considers a Teofimo Lopez-George Kambosos Jr. rematch inevitable. Kambosos' first fight of a new multi-bout co-promotional partnership with Bob Arum's Top Rank Inc. is scheduled for Saturday night, when he'll encounter England's Maxi Hughes. Lopez has long been promoted by Top Rank and has come back from his surprising split-decision defeat to Kambosos in November 2021 by beating previously undefeated Scottish southpaw Josh Taylor to win the WBO junior welterweight title.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I'll never forget the monumental beat down that Kambosos put on Teofimo, especially after Teofimo, and his dad talked so much **** before their fight.
    It was Kambosos' finest hour in his entire boxing career, and I don't think that he'll ever surpass that moment in time, unless of course he were to fight Teofimo again.
    REMOVE SHARK 5510 REMOVE SHARK 5510 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boricua181 View Post
      I'll never forget the monumental beat down that Kambosos put on Teofimo, especially after Teofimo, and his dad talked so much **** before their fight.
      It was Kambosos' finest hour in his entire boxing career, and I don't think that he'll ever surpass that moment in time, unless of course he were to fight Teofimo again.
      i realize there is a bit of Promo in Louie but a bit of truth in the fact that "it could Happen again" old brother Louie always thought the guy was all right.

Louie Louie Louie Lou-Eye ..............................

Comment

Originally posted by 57Blues View Post

i realize there is a bit of Promo in Louie but a bit of truth in the fact that "it could Happen again" old brother Louie always thought the guy was all right.

Louie Louie Louie Lou-Eye ..............................
        Dibella is promoting for all he's worth, because he's lost a lot of his promotional power in boxing, so he's trying to make buck wherever he can.
        I met him in B.B. King Blues Club NYC, where he's held many boxing events back in the day, he is one arrogant sob, and hasn't held a boxing event there in years.
        He's lost many boxers from his stable, to more prominent promoters in the sport, no doubt due to abrasive nature of dealing with people in general.

Comment

Dibella is promoting for all he's worth, because he's lost a lot of his promotional power in boxing, so he's trying to make buck wherever he can.
          I met him in B.B. King Blues Club NYC, where he's held many boxing events back in the day, he is one arrogant sob, and hasn't held a boxing event there in years.
          He's lost many boxers from his stable, to more prominent promoters in the sport, no doubt due to abrasive nature of dealing with people in general.
          Off topic but, were you at a blues show during your run into with Louie ?

Comment

If it wasn't for Bob throwing him some scraps, Lou would starve in boxing. Kambosos has to be matched carefully from here on out. He should handle Hughes fairly easily.

Comment

Originally posted by 57Blues View Post

Off topic but, were you at a blues show during your run into with Louie ?
              Yes I was, and the topic was Dibella, and his attempt at trying to make a rematch between kambosos, and Lopez.
              If a rematch is ever made I doubt that Dibella will be the promoter of the event, because as I said he's lost a lot of promotional power in boxing.

Comment

Not sure what beat down you mean. He won yeah but it wasn't close to beatdown or close to a schooling. Teo actually dropped him harder than he got dropped himself Kambosos has done nothing since thatll be the peak night of his career
                Last edited by Boxing 112; 07-22-2023, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Dibella smiles and knows his boxing history upside down. He'll be here for the long haul.
                  He knows fights that may not happen today will happen at some point in the future.
                  They may even fight in their 40s. Boxers can say whatever they want about retiring,
                  but Dibella knows it's all BS. Time in boxing is money in the opposite direction.
                  You waste time, fight part-time, no problem. Money will come back a thousand fold at some point the future.
                  Ask the Charlo brothers.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing 112 View Post

Not sure what beat down you mean. He won yeah but it wasn't close to beatdown or close to a schooling. Teo actually dropped him harder than he got dropped himself Kambosos has done nothing since thatll be the peak night of his career
                    I'm talking about Teofimo's face he looked like a mugging victim, and his psyche has been fractured, when he lost the fight to Kambosos.
                    Remember he was supposed to walk right through Kambosos, instead he was the one who left the ring all black, and blue, requiring stitches to boot.
                    Then he said he didn't want a rematch, what fighter say's that after losing his titles, and his undefeated record in a close fight?
                    No fighter says that, they always call for a immediate rematch, to avenge their loss, but Teo didn't want a part 2 versus Kambosos.
                    It's a testament to his fighting skills that he was able to beat Josh Taylor, because he was having a hard time with the two fights prior to winning the title.
                    I'm sure that you've read all of the post's, and comments about Teofimo's mental state, and many fans saying that Sandor Martin should of gotten the victory in their fight.
                    He was questioning himself out laud "Do I Even Have it Anymore", in the ring right after the Martin fight.
                    So it was a close fight, but it wasn't supposed to be close, Teo made all that noise prior to the fight, only to lose his undefeated record, his titles, and not want a rematch.
                    Last edited by Boricua181; 07-22-2023, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X