Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Badou Jack: I Feel Fresh and Young, We Have a Few More Belts To Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Badou Jack: I Feel Fresh and Young, We Have a Few More Belts To Win

WBC cruiserweight champion Badou Jack paid his former hometown of Stockholm, Sweden, a visit this week and was interviewed by Svt Sport.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I don't even want to hear from this guy right now. He ducked a huge Canelo payday to fight some nobody most likely in his next fight. I don't want to hear no weight drain excuses either. He spent all his career at 168 and 175 for crying out loud.

Comment

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
      I don't even want to hear from this guy right now. He ducked a huge Canelo payday to fight some nobody most likely in his next fight. I don't want to hear no weight drain excuses either. He spent all his career at 168 and 175 for crying out loud.
      Badou Jack fought Anthony Dirrell, George Groves, Lucian Bute, James DeGale, Nathan Cleverly, Adonis Stevenson, Marcus Browne, and roided up Jean Pascal in 8 consecutive fights and then moved up to his 3rd weight class to win another belt. I think bridgerweight is nonsense but the fact of the matter is Jack has fully adapted to cruiserweight and is in fact moving UP in weight for his next fight. It would be ridiculous to ask him to go back down in weight at 40 years old, especially because he's an active belt holder who has been in title fights consistently over an eight year span. He's not some scrub who needs a Canelo payday, he's been cashing those Middle Eastern checks for several fights.

I don't care about the Rozanski fight but to say Badou Jack is scared to fight anybody in any context is just plain dumb. I think Jack should be trying to unify at cruiserweight, personally, but if he wants to chase another trinket in the meantime it's whatever.
      Last edited by famicommander; 07-18-2023, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post

Badou Jack fought Anthony Dirrell, George Groves, Lucian Bute, James DeGale, Nathan Cleverly, Adonis Stevenson, Marcus Browne, and roided up Jean Pascal in 8 consecutive fights and then moved up to his 3rd weight class to win another belt. I think bridgerweight is nonsense but the fact of the matter is Jack has fully adapted to cruiserweight and is in fact moving UP in weight for his next fight. It would be ridiculous to ask him to go back down in weight at 40 years old, especially because he's an active belt holder who has been in title fights consistently over an eight year span. He's not some scrub who needs a Canelo payday, he's been cashing those Middle Eastern checks for several fights.

I don't care about the Rozanski fight but to say Badou Jack is scared to fight anybody in any context is just plain dumb. I think Jack should be trying to unify at cruiserweight, personally, but if he wants to chase another trinket in the meantime it's whatever.

Is Jacks next fight even going to be televised? He won that Cruiserweight belt against Makabu and nobody even knew for months. The potential Canelo clash would have been monumental for him and Canelo. You know that would have been for Canelo's fifth weight class belt right? A win there would have shot him straight to the top of Mexico's best ever. Which is exactly why I think his promoter (Mayweather) was in his ear telling him not to take the fight. Some people can't stand to watch others achieve greatness. ​

Comment

Is Jacks next fight even going to be televised? He won that Cruiserweight belt against Makabu and nobody even knew for months. The potential Canelo clash would have been monumental for him and Canelo. You know that would have been for Canelo's fifth weight class belt right? A win there would have shot him straight to the top of Mexico's best ever. Which is exactly why I think his promoter (Mayweather) was in his ear telling him not to take the fight. Some people can't stand to watch others achieve greatness. ​
          Badou Jack doesn't care about Canelo's legacy. He's a cruiserweight who is moving up in weight. It's ridiculous to expect him to cut a ton of weight. He's a 40 year old man.
          Dan Gleessac Dan Gleessac likes this.

Comment

Fresh and Young,hahaha,ain't no vada in Saudi Arabia!

Comment

Who cares?

Comment

Fresh and young? Looool, wasn't this guy the one who was complaining that Canelo wanted to move him down in weight to 180? ***** Badou, he weighed 177 two years ago!!! Hahahahahahaha.

Comment

I knew about the match against Makabu and watched it when I was at work. He looked good. Beat that ugly looking motherfu#ker up towards the end and he stayed in the pocket for the most part.

Frustrated the hell out of Makabu and made him look silly at times. Jack got caught a few times but he was in control for most of the bout which was surprising for how long he’s been in the game.

Im just concerned that he might get caught with something big from someone with more power cuz Jack can’t use his legs as much as he used to and I hope his chin holds up.

Comment

Shame this I was hoping to see Badou unify with Chris Billam Smith.

Comment

Working...
                    X