Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Artem Harutyunyan Wants To Face Frank Martin Again, Wants Tank and Haney Too

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Artem Harutyunyan Wants To Face Frank Martin Again, Wants Tank and Haney Too

Cosmopolitan, Las Vegas - Top lightweight contender Frank Martin (18-0, 12 KOs) had to fight through fire to secure a twelve round unanimous decision over Olympic bronze medalist Artem Harutyunyan (12-0, 7 KOs) in a WBC lightweight eliminator.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I think that with his power, size, and ability to move, he would have a chance of beating Haney, but Tank would probably bust up his other eye and give him a good nap. Once Martin was told by Spence and Derrick James that he was down on the cards, it was too easy for him to walk him down, unleash the offense that he had been cautious with all fight, bang up his eye, and force him to take a knee. Tank is a whole different level.

Comment

He could have won the right if he first....... had not taken a knee learn to hold try to throw some punch's back at the guy in the last two rounds. He fought well but it is boxing he came to fight someone who was a favorite so there is that. Forget the drop down weight make some fights while people remember you fight a few others then zero in on the rematch. Like the guy asked me or something duh....

Comment

Artem can flat out fight. Hope we get to seem again soon.

Comment

Originally posted by 57Blues View Post
          He could have won the right if he first....... had not taken a knee learn to hold try to throw some punch's back at the guy in the last two rounds. He fought well but it is boxing he came to fight someone who was a favorite so there is that. Forget the drop down weight make some fights while people remember you fight a few others then zero in on the rematch. Like the guy asked me or something duh....
          You're absolutely right! He has talent and fought well, but when it got hot in the kitchen, he dropped to one knee and pissed away the win. One showed a champions heart and the other gave up. He had to know how close the fight was and that he at least needed the last round.

Comment

Harutyunyan's best bet for keeping himself busy is signing with Top Rank or GBP.
            He would have the same story as Jamaine Ortiz who fought on a PBC card,
            but never called back again.

Comment

I would love to see him fight pitbull cruz. I think he wins that fight and then we can stop pretending pitbull is good.

Comment

Originally posted by Brittney1229 View Post

You're absolutely right! He has talent and fought well, but when it got hot in the kitchen, he dropped to one knee and pissed away the win. One showed a champions heart and the other gave up. He had to know how close the fight was and that he at least needed the last round.
                Exactly what i was thinking n then some about the drop to a knee the way he did. Question ? I did not re watch the fight did he get hit with a body shot ? did he ever say after the fight why he dropped like that. Man to me i started to think he did not want the W Saturday Night. Felt like a set up, i know it was not a set up but it sure seemed unnatural the way he dropped to the knee. That win withered away in the ring could have been a big step up beyound what he has in front of him today. Maybe i am reading more into it but it just seemed unnarural to drop like that. Maybe he is a fighter who just can not stand success. (ha Ha) He is barking a bit now tho huh ?

Comment

You should've never taken that knee Artem! Now you are in bad shape! Too good for people to take a risk, and you don't bring in $$$! You might never see Las Vegas again? Salute for the effort, but this is business, not personal!

Comment

Say all you want about this kid, Frank is the one that showed he’s beatable and not ready yet! Keyshawn was grinning from ear to ear.

Comment

Working...
                    X