Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frank Martin: Harutyunyan Was Tough Opponent, My Reaction Time Wasn't Working

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Frank Martin: Harutyunyan Was Tough Opponent, My Reaction Time Wasn't Working

With his famed trainer imploring him to get a knockout, Frank "The Ghost" Martin rallied late and dropped Artem Harutyunyan in the twelfth round to solve his more experienced opponent, capturing a close but unanimous decision in the toughest fight of Martin's career in a WBC lightweight title eliminator on Saturday on Showtime from The Chelsea at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

That was a HORRIBLE performance by Frank "The Ghost" Martin! That cat GAVE Frank the victory by taking that knee! Frank is not ready for Tank! He needs to fight De Los Santos!
    Wacked_Out Wacked_Out likes this.

Comment

That guy is a good fighter and push Martin to the limit. Rematch!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        That was a HORRIBLE performance by Frank "The Ghost" Martin! That cat GAVE Frank the victory by taking that knee! Frank is not ready for Tank! He needs to fight De Los Santos!
        tank looked terrible against unknown isaac cruz so i dont see how they are any different? tank just fights lots of bums wilder style
        Last edited by daggum; 07-16-2023, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Frank can make whatever excuse he want but he doesn't put enough punches together nor is he as big a puncher as believed, Tank stops him, Haney will decision him easy and I understand why Keyshawn keeps calling him out now. Frank can use a few more fights before a title real shot!

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post

tank looked terrible against unknown isaac cruz so i dont see how they are any different? tank just fights lots of bums wilder style
            Tanks hand was swollen like a melon, thats how it was different.

Frank not ready for the elites just yet needs a couple more quality fights, they all can have an off night, it only takes a fraction for the timing to be off, an inch is a mile in boxing.

Comment

Imo , The Ghost won the fight but he had to dig like crazy mofo to get there
              He had an awkward fighter in front of him and Frank didn’t seem to have a plan B or C for that matter
              Got big points from the judges for finishing the fight strong and that’s what got him the win
              Is it him or is it his corner who didn’t prepare well enough ?

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
                Imo , The Ghost won the fight but he had to dig like crazy mofo to get there
                He had an awkward fighter in front of him and Frank didn’t seem to have a plan B or C for that matter
                Got big points from the judges for finishing the fight strong and that’s what got him the win
                Is it him or is it his corner who didn’t prepare well enough ?
                I don't believe it was anything to do with preparation, its so easy to just be a little flat or some minor timing to be not be quite on point and flow goes, the sport is won and lost in fractions.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post

I don't believe it was anything to do with preparation, its so easy to just be a little flat or some minor timing to be not be quite on point and flow goes, the sport is won and lost in fractions.
                  Yes , your reasoning is right but when your not seeing the same fighter it makes you think what he was getting ready for
                  I give him credit for digging deep but something was definitely off
                  He was literally a ghost of himself
                  Mind you , awkward fighter in front of him

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post

Yes , your reasoning is right but when your not seeing the same fighter it makes you think what he was getting ready for
                    I give him credit for digging deep but something was definitely off
                    He was literally a ghost of himself
                    Mind you , awkward fighter in front of him
                    Yes I hear you he was a good opponent, Frank was in great shape he finished with a full sail, I think Derrick was giving him the right instructions to go for him, when your timing is a little off the worst thing you can do is clam up it's far better to put the peddle down and let your hands go, often that can get your timing back because its reactive no thought, Frank was thinking too much and that just compounded the situation.

Comment

Working...
                    X