Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frank Martin: "I Feel Like I'm Ready For Gervonta Davis and Shakur Stevenson"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Frank Martin: "I Feel Like I'm Ready For Gervonta Davis and Shakur Stevenson"

Beating Artem Harutyunyan won't quiet Frank Martin's doubters, but it'll place him one step closer to where he wants to be. This Saturday night, for the first time in his career, Martin will headline his very own show. Standing across from him on the night, is the aforementioned Harutyunyan, a former Olympic bronze medalist.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Martin is very good but can he beat those two? It is questionable.
    Juan-Rambo Juan-Rambo likes this.

Comment

You gotta "Show & Prove" tonight family! Get the stoppage!!! You must SHINE brighter than PitBull Cruz!
      Last edited by Bronx2245; 07-15-2023, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tibburon245 View Post
        Martin is very good but can he beat those two? It is questionable.
        I said on today's podcast, it's interesting that NSB applies 'eye test' to Boots and Crawford, but not Martin.

Comment

i didnt know ryan garcia was dead

Comment

Typical PBC business model. Mention big names, then scour the globe to look for guys nobody knows existed.

And why Stevenson, who is with TR? Show me how you can make that fight happen when your promoter Earl Spence is the guy who popularized the "wrong side of the street" excuse? Why would he allow you to cross the street? Is he crazy? Do you people even talk to each other? Or they just instructed you to pretend you want big names? Aren't you sick of these shenanigans?

Bottom line is stop mentioning non-PBC names. It sounds plastic and scripted. It's made up like in fake wrestling matches. SMH.​
            Last edited by jqSide; 07-15-2023, 10:52 AM.

Comment

You may think your ready, but in reality you lose to both!!!

Comment

Martin is pretty good , I don't think that he is on that Shakur , Davis , Haney , level though. I honestly don't think that he ever will be , it seems to me like he's missing just a little bit of that top level magic. It's hard to explain but you know it when you see it.

Comment

Originally posted by pnut901 View Post
                  Martin is pretty good , I don't think that he is on that Shakur , Davis , Haney , level though. I honestly don't think that he ever will be , it seems to me like he's missing just a little bit of that top level magic. It's hard to explain but you know it when you see it.
                  It's what I said before the fight.

Artem did the exact thing he needed to do - which is box Martin. But unlike with Rivera who also tried to box, Artem actually knew to throw shots as well as be evasive. Artem fought a very smart fight - he fought like Rivera SHOULD have fought - and he'll be matched well in the future. Kind of like Sandor Martin in a way.

Frank didn't expect that coming his way and had to adjust. The key is whether he could adjust or not. Even he admitted that Artem was hard to time. They planned for more aggression than what they got.

But the cards being that close debunks some statements made here on NSB about Artem getting "robbed". Not at all. They appreciated what they saw of the guy, regardless of him not being American or not being the A-Side. If the skill is there, you get scored.
                  Last edited by Combat Talk Radio; 07-16-2023, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Why is this Martin guy suddenly quiet now? He knew Stevenson is desperate for fights.

It's now proven it's just clout-chasing. No truth about it. So don't take him seriously when he does it again.

Comment

Working...
                    X